1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I loved Lou too!! (But not in that way)

OscarMadison and MTM like this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Got Hulu and started Brockmire, Azaria is pretty, pretty, good.

OscarMadison and Webster like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I like Azaria but I think he stretched his voice persona too far with Brockmire.

I stopped after a few episodes.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Rickles has lost more pilots than the Japanese Air Force."

The '70s didn't fuck around.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

it’s in my top 5 shows of the past few years. He’s great and a very well written and mature show.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Ozark has really taken it to the next level this season.

swingline likes this.
  7. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Now when I watch TV I can't help but wonder which show will be the first to incorporate a COVID-19 story line. Guessing it will be a big part of the narrative of shows in NYC like SVU, Blue Bloods, Seinfeld (oh, wait). Friends could have poached two seasons off one plot line, but others would have struggled.
    Anyway, I'm dating myself.
    And I liked this: If I Wrote a Coronavirus Episode

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It has to be like, a ham-fisted Dick Wolf show. Fuck, they'll probably do a special one-nighter, with Chicago Police, Fire and MD all dealing with the ramifications in like a three hour thing. If not them, then an SVU where someone has it, and is intentionally spreading it, similar to the episodes they've done on AIDS on SVU and L&O Original Flavor.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Not Coronavirus but something similar already happened:

"Infection" is a three-part fictional crossoverevent that exists within the Chicago television franchise. The event aired on the National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) consecutively in three back-to-back one-hour time slots on October 16, 2019. It began with "Infection: Part I" of Chicago Fire, continued with "Infection: Part II" of Chicago Med, and then concluded with "Infection: Part III" of Chicago P.D. All three episodes followed a unified story line of an infection spreading across Chicago and the first responders dealing with the repercussions. Many actors in the franchise appeared outside of their main series and in all three parts of the crossover.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah - I knew they had already done something similar, but SVU is just recycling past plots nowadays, along with the usual 'ripped from the headlines' stuff. Last night's episode seemed to be a redo of the R. Kelly case, but with a pastor instead of a rapper.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Wolf this week had a character from NBC's Chicago PD appear on CBS' FBI. First time I can recall a cross network crossover.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

There is so little to watch on the networks, I turn on the news at 5 p.m. instead of NHL Network or MLB Network. But the news has turned into nonstop fundraising or self-promotion. The news at 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. is the same as 5 p.m. because nothing has happened.
    Yesterday on KCBS/2, they had a fundraiser for schools and kids that need supplies. Most of the show was either pleading for money or interviewing celebrities who had contributed. The funniest was when Pat Harvey had a Facetime interview with Pauley Perrette about her new show. Pat finished the interview. She was reading the Teleprompter: "So everybody watch the new show called 'Broke' starring Pauley Perrette and Jimmy Kimmel." Perrette starts laughing. The other actor is a Hispanic gentleman named Jaime Camil.
    Hahaha, Jimmy Kimmel, not even on a CBS show, hahaha.

Draft saved Draft deleted