1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Probably happy as hell about this virus. It's taken the eyeballs off of his idiocy.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You're a fool.

Everyone knows the Astros are to blame.

playthrough likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I've been going through Scott Piercy withdrawals something fierce.
    You don't realize how good it was seeing him winning on the tour all the time, until he is gone...

4. BitterYoungMatador2

Here's Our Hero at the 2013 Masters, one of three he's played in this decade.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Though by the time golf comes back, he might not be the only guy with a plain shirt and bag. Gotta think sponsorships for many of the rank-and-file guys will be taking a beating.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I blame soccer.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

9. BitterYoungMatador2

Man, it just dawned on me that the golf courses are going to be a shit show when they open up in the northeast. I better just plan on playing on raining days because every slow playing, no etiquette knowing motherfucker is going to be out there on any day that resembles nice.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

6 or 6:30 a.m. tee times. Or else try to get a time just before the early evening old guys' leagues. PS: I am in an old guy league. We tee off at 7 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's 8 before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. But I know a lot of them are evening affairs.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The LPGA has rescheduled a bunch of tournaments, including moving the U.S. Women's Open to December 10-13.

First rescheduled event is June 19-21 in Arkansas. Maybe this is a show of confidence that we'll be past the worst by then? Or that they've got some willingness to play without fans? Either way, from a PR standpoint I don't think you come out with a revised schedule unless you're very confident it's going to stand.

LPGA Tour Announced Additional Changes to 2020 Schedule | LPGA | Ladies Professional Golf Association

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to bet, I'll take the "not happening" on that June LPGA event.

Draft saved Draft deleted