1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change? Nahhh ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Last word I saw was 19 confirmed deaths, 14 of them in Putnam County east of Nashville.

2. Driftwood

But of course ....
    We had no snow accumulation that actually covered the ground, and we are above 18 inches of rain so far this year.
    Let's just add this to make it lovely.
    South heat wave: Record heat to scorch southern U.S. this week

Don't get me wrong; I'm all for warm and dry. I'd just like to not have extremes from week to week.

maumann likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gander this forecast for my burg:
    Today: 49 and rain
    Thursday: 63 and partly cloudy
    Friday: 80 and mostly cloudy
    Saturday: 61 and am rain showers
    Sunday: 83 and mostly cloudy
    Monday: 70 and partly cloudy

Holy whiplash.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I, for one, enjoy having to wear everything in my closet in less than a week. Puffy coat and fleece on Saturday, shorts and Chacos tomorrow, back to hoodies on Saturday.

If I leave the house, of course.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. Driftwood

It was in the high 70s to lower 80s and sunny here Fri-Sun.
    Today, it's mid 40s and raining.
    I'm freezing my tail off.

Seriously, Saturday I was on my back deck in shorts and flip-flops, grilling and drinking rum drinks.
    Right now, I'm inside with three shirts and blue jeans on, freezing.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's about 15-20 degrees colder today than yesterday. I wore shorts to run some errands and that was a little uncomfortable.
    It's spring in the South, though. Hell, that's winter in the South a lot of times. You get three or four days of nice weather, one day of storms, and then repeat the cycle until early May.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Nearly 70 here today. Rain/snow mix by Thursday afternoon/night with a high in the upper 30s.

We call that spring here.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Been an unusually wet late winter and early spring here deep in the hearta' but otherwise unremarkable. Already had to mow once.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Same here a little farther east on I-20. Cut grass for the first time on Saturday. We had a ridiculously wet winter that included some bad river flooding, but it's been relatively dry the past two or three weeks.

10. Driftwood

This seems like a logical place to post this, but it could go in two or three other threads:
    It's been noted on this board, and a buddy and I were having the conversation the other day ...
    Could the current pandemic be the earth resetting itself?
    I just watched a video of how normally wild animals are roaming the streets of urban areas that have been shut down for only a few weeks.
    Waterways are clearing up, allowing for the return of aquatic life.
    I don't want to go all Georgia Guidestones or Kingsmen, but the host could be killing the real virus.

maumann likes this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Hello, Boise. What's shaking?

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Plague. Locusts. Earthquakes. Hurricane thread is already up.

Anyone who gets frisky with April Fool's Day this year should be prepared to be... rebuked.

Driftwood and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted