1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Send ventilators, masks and TP.

Although lawyers, guns and money would come in handy too.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think I'm getting sensitive about it because we HAVEN'T gotten the shelter in place, and I'd like to find a way to keep it that way, to be able to go on a bike ride, or a walk through the neighborhood, or to be able to walk nine by myself at the local muni. And a few people who can't help themselves are going to ruin it for us all. So I get exactly what you're saying. There are people here crying for a full state lockdown, and while I understand their fear, I also don't think they realize exactly what that means.

Also, shoutout to a great Richard Deitsch podcast with Chico Harlan, who talked extensively about the scene in Italy and how a full quarantine lockdown really works.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Again, I can only speak to here in Mass., and really only to my little neighborhood in my suburban town. At this time of year, whenever it's like not sleeting people go outside. We already have cabin fever. I have seen neighbors holding conversations standing on opposite sides of the street. I have seen neighbors using cell phones to talk while keeping a distance much more than six feet away. Here, people are following the guidelines. I hope to hell it works. My personal zone of distance when outside (in the supermarket and drug store it must be less) is I'm the basket, and you're outside the three-point line.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The pool boy may have some cleaners like the stuff people use in fish tanks.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Also at Aqueduct.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That's good, who knows how much it will help but can't imagine it will hurt. In NJ and NY, it seems most people are trying to follow the guidelines, but not everyone.
    Last week, in South Jersey cops broke up a youtube or instagram party, where over 20 people were at a house. Guy called WFAN
    Friday night and said golf courses in Westchester NY were open and people from NJ are playing there because the courses
    in NJ are closed. It is tough not being able to go out, but can't people at least try.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Might be time to dispatch Nick Saban

"Hey, if you guys wanna see the Tide this fall, you'll stay the fuck home."

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I shared the photo MileHigh posted yesterday of all the cars in the mountains. I obviously made comments how it was kind of selfish given the situation. One of my friends, who I already know basically thinks this is all bull but is also an avid skier, is the only one who responded. He tried to call me out for butting into other people's business and that it's really no harm no foul. No one was at risk, etc. (Nevermind the photo showed more than one group of people together). Anyway, without getting into too much about how I feel about all of it, I said, if you want this to end freaking stay home so it will end sooner! Even if people don't think this will impact them, having to be at home is. You'd think they'd at least look at it that way.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's just it. Even under the stay-at-home order, you can still go out and walk the dog. You can exercise. Walk in the park. Run, bike. Go to the store for essential things. Which kinda makes it a joke. Is it stay at home or no?

A lot of people I saw today were doing that. Still many others -- and pictures from the high country -- show there's still a lot of selfish assholes out there who don't give a crap and will do what they want to do.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just asked my buddy about his family in Italy, saying hope all is well and they were from Southern part I thought.....nope from Southern part of the North....one of doctors who died is his cousin....damn

Draft saved Draft deleted