1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Today (Sunday) at 9 p.m. ET, 6 p.m. PT, Elton John headlines a live iHeart concert on the Fox network. Performers include: Alicia Keys, Backstreet Boys, Billie Eilish, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day, Mariah Carey and Tim McGraw.
    I doubt I'll be busy then.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I thought this was a fine story. The "Innovation Depot" mentioned with the guy who 3-D prints knee braces is a hothouse for startups funded by UAB. A number of new businesses here started out as a couple of people working in the inexpensive shared office space provided there.

Meet the Alabamians who define our time

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Damn it, didn't you get the memo? We're all hillbillies and crackers who ain't got a lick of intelligence because we happen to live in the southeast. Like Research Triangle Park in North Carolina, Marshall Spaceflight in Huntsville, Emory University in Atlanta and Vanderbilt in Nashville. We're too stupid to even drool. #SECValues

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Well, it's not like we don't see plenty of that... but I do resent the broad brush treatment from time to time.

8. maumann

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

I saw a thread where some students at MIT had done so as well, and then about a dozen other such were linked to it. I suspect that FDA approval is going to be the bottleneck there, because hospitals won't touch them without it unless things are completely dire.

10. maumann

Yeah, the myopic obsession tends to get a little bit tiresome. But it ain't bragging if you can back it up.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted