1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running thread of people with COVID-19... get well Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Mar 19, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As he would sing, "Must not think bad thoughts...must not think bad thoughts..."

[​IMG]

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I successfully resisted the impulse to say something snarky about his death as I put it in the death thread.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Well played.

OscarMadison, maumann and qtlaw like this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Boris Johnson

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’m trying to figure out how he could have possibly been infected and …

… hey, that might be it.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Doris Burke

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

She’s gotta be the youngest Doris in the world.

11. Neutral Corner

Jackson Browne. I hope he makes it. Solid artist and a very under-rated songwriter.

Here's a great clip of Browne playing "Running on Empty" with The Section. While they are less well known than the Wrecking Crew or the Swampers, the Section featured some of the best studio musicians of the 70's. Craig Doerge started the band (which I find a little ironic, because I'd barely heard of him compared to the rest), along with David Lindley, Danny "Kootch" Kortchmar, Lee Sklar, and Russ Kunkel. They were the recording and touring band for Browne, James Taylor, Linda Ronstadt, and Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Lindley is the only original missing from the group playing here, and his loss is noticable with the lack of his hot slide work on the album. Note that Rosemary Butler is singing backup, as she did on the 1977 album. If you are not familiar with the album of the same name, "Running on Empty" was recorded live on tour - on stage, in hotel rooms, and even on the bus with Kunkel using a cardboard box for a drum. Look the band members up on Wikipedia, they've played on hundreds of songs you know by heart. You might also look for Lee Sklar on Youtube, I've seen a couple of very fine long form interviews with him. Interesting guy, extremely bright and well educated, not at all what you'd expect based on his appearance. He's on bass.

Good luck, Jackson.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ah motherfuck. I need to check to see how my uncle is taking the news. There's a picture of my then 2/3 year old cousin covering her ears while Jackson Browne is playing one of my uncle's guitars. Damn.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted