1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

SFIND and I Should Coco like this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Jesus, fuck...

Trying to set up video meetings for my wife with her workplace is fucking horrific.

Microsoft Meet? WTF

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Strangely enough, I just started my third rewatch of it last night. I know there's a bunch of other shit I should be catching up on, but damn, I love this show so much. Hard to believe season 1 is 18 years old!

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

If there's one good thing about the lockdown at home, it is that so many musicians are playing songs and posting them.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Really having an anxiety-filled day. The spread is relentless. And still downplaying and disinformation coming from the so-called leader.

Finished work and watching an old baseball game to try to take my mind off it. But the city is eerily quiet, and that enhances the ambulance sirens that are going by often.

As I wrote before, the lack of any idea of when it might end is unnerving.

On Wednesday, NYC surpassed the most 911 calls it has ever had in one day. The previous record was Sept. 11, 2001.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The last two days I've really, really struggled with the work from home thing. Just don't have the spirit for it right now.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I feel ya there. I still have a (surprisingly) lot to do. And it passes time. But a lot of it seems very unimportant right now.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hang in there everyone.

We'll get through it.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just think it's being worn out at the end of the week and the growing realization that there is no light at the end of the tunnel quite yet ... I think when I shut off my email and Microsoft teams for the weekend, it'll help. Have some outdoor activities planned that will help with a bit of a mental reset going into next week.

I feel more for my coworkers who are trying to keep things afloat while homeschooling their kids at the same time.

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted