1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are you going to spend your stimulus money?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 26, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's even less scary when rent/mortgage is crossed off the list. ;)

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sales managers are often in dealing mode at the end of the month to make numbers, and now they gotta be desperate. I almost wish I had reason to go into a dealership.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not only that, they’ve already done one price reduction on this car because it’s been there a few months.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Probably cover whatever parts of my vacation in late June won't get refunded

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I bought my Harley one year in mid February. The ground was and had been covered with snow for several days.
    I walked in and said, "So, you boys sold any bikes this week? Let's deal."

OscarMadison, Tweener, Chef2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Washington Post had a calculator and it looks like I will indeed be getting some money. I'll treat myself to a Popeye's Chicken Sandwich once things open up again.

OscarMadison, Severian and ChrisLong like this.
  7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Get the spicy.
    Get the macaroni/cheese as your side.
    Take a spoonful of the macaroni/cheese and put it on top of the chicken.
    You're welcome.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Remember when the biggest story of the day was people scrambling to get one of these?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That was like 20 years ago, right?

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that whole deal was a Russian social media test run, à la Jade Helm in 2015.

11. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

We have some debt to pay down, but we’ll probably put some aside to seed jlee jr.’s college fund (but not start it until the markets rebound), and give the rest to the food bank or something.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Arrange my funeral.

I'd work on the assumption that when the real deal comes down everything will get chaotic and my survivors could get stampeded into a big money production by the church.

Screw that. I'll have little enough to leave my family, bullshit if I want to spend multi thousands on a big church ceremony and a bells and whistles burial which will culminate in me getting buried in a bronze box until in a couple hundred years they'll bulldoze it up to build an airport or something.

Charcoal broil me and drop me in an urn in the Great Lakes. Hold whatever 15-minute prayer service is necessary so the church doesn't consider me irretrievably doomed to hell. Then hold a wake at a local bar with lots of good music.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted