1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This will end up in a commercial.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Orange piece of shit either needs to see NYC hospitals up close or shut his dumbass mouth. Neither will happen.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not the only place they're letting inmates go

Letting inmates out of jail because of the coronavirus is ‘foolish’, official says

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner, 3_Octave_Fart, Slacker, PCLoadLetter, Azrael -- many thanks. There was some definite disgruntlement on the other side of the Pacific, but we've agreed on a Skype call this weekend. It's just as well as I'm starting to feel sick myself. No fever as of yet, but I'm going to get to our university medical center before things get worse.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the Postal Inspectors are going to want to throw the book at the guy. I didn't get a chance to ask mom what the inspectors are planning to do. I'll try to find that out. She officially pressed charges so hopefully in a few months this will be worked out. Probably not the dungeon with bread and water that I want but something.

I know the guy was going to be out by that night or even the next morning but was hoping he could sit in a cell trying to figure out how to make punching a 60-year-old woman sound tough. Then there's trying to talk tough to whoever bailed him out.

In all seriousness, I'll bug my mom to keep on it. She is someone who can make a scene.

HanSenSE, OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Hang in there. I'm so sorry you can't be there for him. This whole Covid thing sucks really hard.

Be well. I hope it's nothing.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The threat of a federal charge should have this guy pissing down his leg. Of course, if you're dumb enough to punch someone over a piece of mail (or a motorhome, ahem), you never know.

Here's the quick document from the DOJ: 1570. Assaults On Postal Employees -- 18 U.S.C. 1114

And yeah, I get the instant revenge. But his trouble could be just beginning. Let's just say I've been there, done (the time).

Spartan Squad likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Take care of yourself. Things will be hard enough without you getting caught in between two countries who don't want to allow someone sick to enter. I think you are making the intelligent decision.

ChrisLong and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

From what I have heard, postal inspectors don't screw around. I suspect he'll get his.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They'd have to deflate one of the Goodyear blimps to make a gown that fits him.

garrow likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hopefully, it's nothing serious. Be safe.

12. Spartan Squad

Thanks for that. I'm guessing they'll defer to Sacramento County but it is nice to know this guy's lawyer will have to tell the him he could be facing federal prosecution.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted