1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As of now, the Dow is almost exactly at the midpoint between the February high and last week's low.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bill Barr dusts off the Noriega playbook. Wouldn't be surprised if the US goes in on this, if only to provide a distraction. And lets be clear, the US has a long history of looking the other way on the nefarious dealings of world leaders. But if we're going to start going after criminals leading countries....

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sure. I give him full marks for that.

Now he needs to get the hell out of the way and help elect someone besides Trump. The problem with Sanders (at least in great part) isn't his policies. It's the candidate.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Anybody seen Biden on teevee the past few days? Any concerns?*

* Not that he's better than Trump; more like his fog-like state may make him unelectable in the months ahead.

8. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I realize that no one else on this board believes it or even wants to hear it, but there's an argument to be made for Sanders sticking around. It prevents Biden from enduring a full-on assault from Trump for the next seven months and Sanders provides a viable alternative if Biden is unable to carry the ball the distance.

Say I'm full of shit, but Biden is not bulletproof. He is more flawed than HRC, with his regrettable voting record, his frequent untruthfulness about said record, his fumbling of thoughts and words and the Hunter Biden stuff. Now there are more sexual assault allegations, whether people think they're credible or not. We're also in the middle of a pandemic and economic upheaval. This is going to be like no other election season we've ever seen.

Sanders simply getting out of the way doesn't ensure a Biden victory over Trump. I'm willing to consider what may happen in the coming months, as dumb or crazy as anyone wants to think that is.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Bring in The Kid!"

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sanders has no shot. His continuing in the race merely allows his most left supporters, who wouldn't be important if they didn't include his closest advisers and campaign staff, to amplify Trump's attacks on Biden, the ones you so carefully laid out in your post. If Biden was to drop dead, Sanders still wouldn't be the nominee. Party would pick someone else. It is over, and if Sanders' supporters don't get that, they're hopeless.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's true. It'll boil down to whether more flawed > more hated.

That's true, too. Just stipulating that we pretty much need to quit tossing around the "Democracy" word. Other countries can't attack what isn't there.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

First, let me say how very proud I am of Senator Sanders for showing up for work.

Second, in no way does Sanders sticking around prevent a "full-on assault" on Biden from Trump. Trump would give anything to face Sanders in the general, which is why he praises Bernie every chance he gets and tries to get foreign governments to smear Biden.

Tweener likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.