1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Our county's stay-at-home started 2 hours ago. Wife's store gets to remain open, while competitor Hobby Lobby is closed. Would be a great time to take advantage, but don't think that will happen, since only 10 customers can be in the store at any time.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

New Mexico has at least one death; someone in Artesia.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

My personal quarantine project is to re-grow my mullet

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is why more vendors should move to contactless payments such as Apple Pay, Google Pay. Look for this symbol on the terminal and your card:

[​IMG]

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just got a contactless card, but only a few places around here take them. I got widely scorned in England because I didn't have one last summer and every time you use a chip card, you have to sign a receipt. Not great at busy pubs.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Someone posted in a group my wife is in for physicians dealing with COVID that 30 percent of tests that should be positive are coming back negative. Then Buzzfeed story last night that is gaining tons of traction about there being a lot more deaths. How can we get people to overall take it seriously when nothing official is likely close to accurate? What a crap fest all around.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Life in the ER, COVID-19 edition. Good video.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Have we even talked about the cost for treating a single individual with a non-lethal but symptomatic case of Covid-19?

What will their insurance, presuming they have any, cover? What are those hospital bills going to look like six months from now?

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The impact on the major insurance companies will dwarf the aftermath of the biggest hurricanes. Anyone who has stock in them should probably take their beating and run, because I don't see that getting better anytime soon.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

If Homo Erectus could find a way to migrate out of Africa then I can make do out of this room for another two or three months.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

From the AP: "Nursing homes in Spain appear to be particularly hard hit, accounting for more than 10 percent of the country's overall death toll, according to an analysis by the Spanish radio network Cadena SER."

According to the CDC, 1.5 million Americans live in nursing homes, with another 10 million elderly needing some sort of long-term care.

The math doesn't look good.

Draft saved Draft deleted