1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It seems like just the sort of "distraction" that would be good in today's times.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to whatever episode has Foley, Mark Henry and Rikishi. Big Show said on one of the podcasts that Henry was great in his guest role.

And for those of you who wondered what happened to Urkel, there you go.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the second part of the "Dark Side of the Ring" doc on Benoit.
    First part was good, but Part 2 was very powerful. You can catch it on YouTube now.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They’re taping it today and tomorrow at the Performance Center in Orlando, which will be subject to a shelter-in-place order after that through April 9. Results will probably leak before this weekend.

Also, Rey Mysterio and Dana Brooke have been diagnosed with coronavirus, along with a third as-yet unnamed WWE wrestler.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I dont think anythings going to leak. Theres like 18 people there total and theyre all dyed in the wool dirt sheet hating acolytes. I imagine anything that leaks McMahon will hunt down like a crazy person.

...or Prichard will leak false info just so he can shit on Meltzer getting it wrong

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just finished Part 2. That ending was super emotional.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. 2muchcoffeeman

Given that Vince just dumped something like $3.5M back into the company, they ought to be glad people are still reading the dirt sheets. It’s when people stop reading that they should worry … because that’s when they’ve stopped caring at all.

8. nietsroob17

Jericho is cutting a promo with a drone.

God bless that man.

Batman and Baron Scicluna like this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Jericho just cut a promo with a drone.

Now I’ve seen everything.

10. nietsroob17

Tony Schiavone: "WE'RE OUTTA TIME!"

Dammit, I've missed that.

Batman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Jericho’s the best. Between the Benoit doc, his commentary last week (cody and kenny look awful compared to jericho), and his Hardy stuff..... the guy’s the GOAT.

i find it supremely disappointing Luke Harper’s making his whole thing a Vince McMahon mockery. The sneezing? Give me a break. Thats some Vince Russo/Kevin Nash playing to a very small smark audience bullshit.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

I didn’t understand the drone thing last week, either. I also didn’t understand what was up with Hardy’s facial expressions last week. Is he trying to be as weird as his brother?

Draft saved Draft deleted