1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Believe you me, my vote for Charlie Baker in Mass. brought an equal and opposite reaction.

Batman likes this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Day two of my wife and I both officially working from home.
    It's not stopped raining for more than five minutes the entire time.
    If I randomly stop posting, I have killed her and am in custody.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Local news just ran an aerial shot of Copley Square. I counted four people and three cars in it. Boston is at home.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I took the dog to the park. It's a gorgeous day. Lots of people out running, sunning themselves, but social distancing much better.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I made my first trip to Smart 'n Final to start prepping on Jan. 24, which I say not as a humble-brag but to illustrate this next point: One of my biggest regrets is I didn't manage to get a very short haircut before the shit hit the fan! It's not that I didn't give myself plenty of time, I just never got around to it. I'm about a week away from Flow-bee'ing it.

SFIND and BTExpress like this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I bet if they get a vaccine for this, Anti-vaxxers will be a thing of the past.

Alma likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I have never really liked any comic book movies but my 11 year old and I are watching a Marvel movie a day. So that’s been good.

I was told today that June 1 is looking like a best case scenario to return to my NYC office. Oof.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I bet that damn few post that bullshit, at the very least.

Can you imagine the shouting down and dragging that would follow? The vaccine line would dwarf the lines at the liquor store and the gun shops.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife cuts my hair on the front porch, so that's not a worry for me.
    I went the last week without shaving until she kept bitching at me.
    I tried to play it off. "Uhhhh, it's my coronavirus beard. It's like a playoff beard. I'll shave when it's over."

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

You underestimate anti-vaxxers. They were a pain in Edward Jenner's ass, and their conspiracy-mongering survived smallpox, polio, and measles so it can easily survive this. There are many flavors of anti-vaxxer -- it's not just crunchy granola hippies and paranoid libertarians -- and usually when people buy into one conspiracy theory there are several more in tow. I'm seeing a fair few posts about how the government will use the COVID-19 vaccine as a way to mind control the sheeple. Plus, there are always Andrew Wakefields lurking about, ready to exploit fear and ignorance as a way to line their pockets.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted