1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I'm grinding my way through that one. I just beat that giant vault monster that tilts the platform and tries to knock you off.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Graveward is an easy farm after you complete the campaign, but can be a grind with early-level skill trees. I've gone through as Fl4k and Moze on my OG XBOne. Thought about getting it on Steam for my laptop and, although it's speced to run it, the PC optimization on Epic left a lot to be desired.

The story isn't nearly as engaging as BL2, but the weapons are top-notch.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

How much of the game is left based on where I am? I'm only on level 27.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

If you do a lot of the side missions, you can finish the story at Level 43-47, depending. There are still three main boss fights left, I think. A couple of the side missions give nice items (legendary Jakobs pistol, radiation grenade).

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Dropping this here in case people haven't seen it. Itch.io has a bundle of 1,500+ games that you can get for $5. All proceeds -- $4.5 million as of this post -- will be donated to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund split 50/50. Not all of those 1,500+ games will be to everyone's taste, but there are some real gems in there. Celeste and Night in the Woods alone make the bundle worth the purchase.
    Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality by itch.io and 1198 others - itch.io

6. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'll also add Quadrilateral Cowboy is a lot of fun.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I've sunk 180 odd hours into Stardew Valley. It's such a nice game, very simplistic, but just a relaxing escape.

Over quarantine, I got a Switch Lite from Amazon, beat 3 games (Super Mario Odyssey was definitely worth it - I've beat the game but now I'm collecting extra power moons) and put about 50 hours into Animal Crossing. I live alone so I had to have something productive to do at night.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Yeah, between Twitter and the streamers I follow, I was having serious FOMO over Animal Crossing. Then I caught the Stellaris bug and the urge to acquire another system passed.

Stardew Valley is pretty great. There's a dedicated community of modders putting out some worthwhile mods should you want to spice up your time in Pelican Valley a bit.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Just preordered Last of Us 2 for PS4. The first one is a great game. Looking forward to the sequel.

I’ve been playing quite a bit of Mario Party on the Switch with my kids and it’s a surprisingly fun game. I only wish there were more maps.

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

It's quite the amazing game. My gf, who never plays video games, got sucked into it several months ago and has already sunk more than 100 hours into it. Granted, she's playing on her phone, so she has the game where she is. I am afraid what would happen if she loses her phone.

AC is definitely fun, but all the hype on social media got real old, real fast.

Stellaris is fun, and one of Paradox's easier 4x games to learn. If you like the Grand Strategy aspect, you should consider Crusader Kings II and Victoria II.

I've heard nothing but horrendous things about this sequel. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts after completion.

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I really love Odyssey. I got all the moons and some were definitely a pain in the butt. My 5-year-old turned it on the other day because he loves Mario and is already getting pretty good at the various games at least understanding what to look for, controls, etc. This gets bit too challenging for him so I was helping him some and was like, man, this is fun. Half thought of starting again but I have a backlog even during quarantine that is stupid!

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally finished the main storyline of Witcher 3 after three months ... still have all of the expansion pack missions to complete, but I thought the main storyline was pretty well done. I had leveled up to the point that the final boss was not all that difficult, just a time-consuming fight.

Draft saved Draft deleted