1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Rams release Todd Gurley.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Gurley and Goff deals (and the FA signings in the last two years) weren't about winning, they were about selling PSAs to the new stadium. Which they did.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is a good way to look at it, because given how little production they got in relation to those monster contracts, they didn't help much with winning in 2019.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Rams are arguably worse off than the Bears. They're stuck with that Goff contract for a long time. Bears can be done with Trubisky anytime they want. And the Foles commitment isn't huge or long (unlike his dick).

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

8. Jake from State Farm

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Crazy that all these Belichick tree limbs suck so hard. They always seem to come down to how coaches treat players. Maybe it is the roster input they have, making the coach rather than the GM the bad guy, or they think that the way Belichick handles players will work everywhere. Another problem with hiring from the Belichick tree - Belichick has worked for six different head coaches before he got the Browns job.
    McDaniels had no NFL experience outside of NE before getting the Broncos job.
    Mangini had only one year as anything other than a Belichick assistant before getting the Jets job.
    Schwartz got his break into the NFL under Belichick, had some time with Jeff Fisher in Tennessee before getting the Lions job.
    O'Brien's only NFL experience was with the Pats.
    Patricia's only NFL experience was with the Pats.
    Joe Judge's only NFL experience was with the Pats.
    Crennell's only NFL exerperience was with Parcells or Belichick before his first NFL gig.

So I understand why these coaches tend to fail. I'd always look for a coach who had worked for multiple coaches who operate different offensive or defensive schemes, who had been on winning staffs and losing staffs so they know what works, what doesn't and how to handle a losing locker room.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  10. Jake from State Farm

One notable exception is Vrabel, a former player

TigerVols likes this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for Cam to get to Foxboro and shit his pants in a meaningful game, and show up to his presser in a fur coat and hat.
    I just can't wait.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Wait, there's more:

Darius Slay: I don't respect Detroit Lions' Matt Patricia because of 2018 incident

I wonder if Patricia was sitting in his Hoveround scooter chair when he decided to build respect among the players by accusing them of sucking cranks.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted