1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor 40: Winners at War

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Feb 14, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Truly geeked up about this season, just because everyone has game, there are no fillers, everyone has a target on their back. And it's actually the first time where the pre-merge is probably more interesting because everyone is used to feeling like the big dog and worried about letting anyone else lead. Great personalities and relationships and friendships tested. Even the Edge of Extinction works better this time around.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The first team was stupid for not voting off Rob or Parvati. Natalie is not a threat to win in this field. Now Rob has to stay because they can’t send him the edge with his wife.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I haven't watched this show in years, but I might have to dive back into it for this occasion.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

They should rename it Survivor Suburbs. Seems everyone is now a parent, the women are wearing cover ups over their bikinis and all of the dudes have Dadbods.

I watched Survivor but don't remember about half these people.

5. DanOregon

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Pretty fun start to the season. The problem with voting out Amber is that she would obviously give her fire token to Rob. I might have waited on her, particularly since she didn't seem to have any obvious advantage within that tribe. She wasn't playing hard and, frankly, didn't seem like much of a threat (yet).

Natalie giving Sandra the fire token was a bit of a head scratcher.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Sandra is perhaps the most annoying contestant ever. Vote her ass out ASAP!

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’m not fond of her. She’s arrogant without being entertaining. I can deal with the arrogance if the contestant brings something else with it. She doesn’t.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I so wanted to like this season after last season’s abomination but it’s already losing me. Advantages raining from the sky, a challenge we’ve seen variations of a hundred times and dumb game play have me bored.

Iron_chet likes this.
  10. DanOregon

Oh damn - good episode tonight.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Did Sandra compete in any challenges? Has anyone ever been voted out after receiving one vote?

12. DanOregon

Always thought you couldn't sit out back to back challenges - I know Sandra competed in a few when the teams were all square at least. In a weird way, Im glad - and I'm guessing she was pleased - that it was a blindside and not a situation where she had to go around begging.
    What will be interesting about this season's winner is that I don't think they'll really have to worry about alienating jury members by flipping on alliances. You're more likely to pick up a vote with a heel turn, than lose one since no one has won Survivor without breaking a few eggs.

Draft saved Draft deleted