1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Pats don’t have the ammo to get Stafford (shitty No.1, no No.2) plus the dead $$$ makes a deal a nonstarter

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Brady deal smells like Unitas-Moon-Montana-Favre 5.0.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Christ. Bears just traded for Foles. I might be done with them.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Unitas was done, Moon also. Montana and Favre delivered short term improvements for their new teams before the inevitable unhappy ending. Brady can offer that just by cutting the number of Buc interceptions down.

JC likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady bring results similar to Montana with the Chiefs, but it is a different situation. Montana had his career sidetracked by an elbow injury in his mid-30s and he was 37 when he got to Kansas City. He clearly had something left in the tank.

Brady hasn't been hurt. He's just in decline and he will be 43 when the 2020 season begins.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I keep reading that Brady wants his new team to sign Antonio Brown. That doesn't really make that much sense to me, but it's interesting if true.

Bucs Head Coach Bruce Arians was the Steelers' offensive coordinator for Brown's first two seasons in the NFL. I get there is a lot to sort through before they get there, but I'm sure Arians is having fun thinking about Brady, even at 43, with those weapons.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I would pump the brakes.

Foles is very, very good at certain things in a football offense. You just have to call those plays. He is who he is. NFL teams cannot make him into something he is not.

In 2013, he was insane. In 2016, he was pretty damn good again.

And we all know about 2018.

He might be made of glass, but he can be great in the right system.

I thought NE was going to grab him.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I thought so, too. Could see Belichick going 13-3 with him and mwahahahahahaing all the way.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll be fascinated by the odds on which team has the better record in 2020, the Pats or the Bucs.
    The Pats have a messed up schedule - two road games to LA (Chargers and Rams) and at Seattle. Bucs get the NFC North and AFC West.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

They don’t even have Chase Daniel to come in when Foles gets injured and is done for the season.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

In all fairness ...

- What is the Bears' cap situation?

If they had a lot of space, then I sort of get your frustration. If not ... the Bears got a stopgap pretty cheap since I believe the Jags and Shad Khan are on the hook with Foles' massive signing bonus.

- Do they want Trubisky gone or do they just want to make clear that his leash will be shorter this coming season?

Does Ryan Pace really want Trubisky gone yesterday, or is he merely trying to give him a kick in the pants? If the former, then he's bold, especially given that he handed the Niners a draft pick to move up one spot to take him with Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson still on the board. He could be pulling for Trubisky ... or could be pulling for his horrendous draft decision to work itself out. If so, Nick Foles is not known for making waves, yet he possesses the skill to get it done should Trubisky fail again.

Short of Sid Luckman coming back, what were you envisioning? NOT trying to start up anything ...

Draft saved Draft deleted