1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I caught the "he did not compete" line ... good time to be a hardass, Commish! Would have been even better if he'd said "he'll get nothing and like it."

Chef2 and maumann like this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I suggested the turnament be held Labor Day weekend, after the Tour Championship and the FedEx Cup. Those extra FedEx Cup points could prove decisive. Or maybe Augusta becomes the Tour Championship.

Can't imagine Nantz and company fawning over that as they come into Amen Corner.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why do you say that?

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, the Masters didn't cancel until after the Players. So why aren't they taking more heat?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Interesting take. Except who supplies the vast majority of the talent that plays in the Masters? The PGA Tour.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It doesn't. Whenever the Tour returns, they're going to add them up and the top-125 go to the playoffs.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Ooosthuizen withdrew for injury reasons. Shoulder. He played seven holes so he gave it the old college try. He gets paid.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Baghdad Hondo has returned.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It was such a glorious last couple of days.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. playthrough

Because they're still a few weeks out from happening. It wasn't the "now" event, unlike The Players, which didn't cancel until virtually the entire world had closed around them and left them no other choice.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Could you imagine the shitstorm the Tour would have endured if they would have stayed with their original plan?

12. playthrough

Well, no shit. I don't think the Masters would turn the pro golf schedule upside down, but if they wanted to reschedule during any regular Tour event, I'm pretty sure they'd have a full field.

Draft saved Draft deleted