1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Simplest Life Pleasure?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Feb 17, 2020.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

@Flip Wilson, that’s how you do it. Start with that, and see where it takes you.

Flip Wilson likes this.
  2. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

Listening to my dog emit those deep, contented breaths when I spoon with him.

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I have my island. @Moderator1 knows the place.
    There is a taco stand right in the heart of the island. You can get a great taco and a beer for $6-7.
    I like to sit there on the deck on a warm, not hot, day and eat lunch totally by myself.
    You can watch the world go by: sunshine, salt air, tourists, birds searching for a handout, an awesome taco, and a cold beer (Edward Teach lager to be exact).
    It's nice with my wife. It's nice with friends. It's best by myself because no one is talking to me and spoiling the day.

WriteThinking and maumann like this.
  4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I need to plan my April trip - the hotel I stayed in last year is closed for renovations so I need to find something else

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife has been there for the last week. I was actually going next week, but it turns out I am driving a van load of kids to Texas the week after, and I just don't want to add more miles to my life. I'd just as soon be at TI and never leave, but sometimes crap happens.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

One day I will go and never leave.

maumann, Scout and Driftwood like this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

At bars and restaurants while we are on vacation we play 1st wife, 2nd wife or mistress. As in, is that guy with his 1st... ?

we saw 2 couples having dinner last week. It appeared to be a father, a son and their wives or gfs. The son’s wife /gf appeared older than the Dad’s wife, and the son.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Driving this:
    [​IMG]
    I bought this 1962 Buick Special in 1998 from the original family, as a gift to myself for graduating from UConn. Twenty-two years later, it's still in the fleet (though only for grocery shopping and car shows).

Also:
    Giving raspberries to our 10-month-old daughter and hearing her giggle
    Duckpin bowling
    Golf
    Watching lower-tier British soccer
    Mowing the lawn

9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I like studying the minor league stats of players on baseballreference.com. It’s kind of fun to see which guys put up monster minor league numbers and never came close to that promise.

One of my favorite minor league careers was that of Gary Redus, who was a speedy but never really much better than average outfielder in the major, but in the minors he was phenomenal. He batted .462 in his first year and his OPS was 1.346. Also stole 42 bases in 68 games. It was rookie ball event at AAA, a few years later he hit 24 home runs and batted .333.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

man the giggle of little kids (esp your own) is magical

expendable likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I remember having some of his baseball cards in 1985 or '86. The Reds outfielder you wanted in a pack was Eric Davis, but you always wound up with Gary Redus.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey, he outslammed Dale Murphy.

Draft saved Draft deleted