1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No golf for a while

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, it was odd watching that event carry on today as if nothing else was going as the rest of the sports world was melting down.

maumann likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I wonder if The Masters will be held as planned.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"Thank God" - Scott Piercy

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Four weeks out. The green jackets have a couple of weeks to see how this plays out.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

So, my April was supposed to be spent at the Masters and Disney World. Now, I'm seeing every tournament leading up to Augusta get canceled and Disney Land is closed for at least two weeks. I have a feeling my April is going to be spent in the bottom of a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue instead of Amen Corner and the Magic Kingdom.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How is the sporting public supposed to get along without Scott Piercy for 4 weeks?

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Was not the Tour's finest week, from Monahan going on CNBC Monday morning to sing about the new TV contract while the markets were going in the tank to holding onto this tournament way, way too long. If this was Valero Texas Open week they'd have dumped the event a lot quicker, but The Players is everything.

MileHigh likes this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

maybe Hondo can talk him into doing a clinic with Matt Kuchar.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A good Players story from back in the day ... one year when I worked at the Tour, the tournament had a rained out day. Come Monday, a co-worker who was well-connected with tournament operations got an email: the rainout meant there was a huge supply of leftover Michelob Ultra (official beer of the PGA Tour!) that was unused in the suites, and it couldn't be sold. First people over to the course's maintenance area could take it. So we ran over in my boat-sized Chrysler Concorde and absolutely packed it with beer. My share lasted for months and I made a lot of neighbors happy. The old co-worker is long gone from the Tour like I am, but texted me tonight wondering if this Monday there's going to be another free beer run.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

These are the kinds of stories that make me keep opening threads in hopes of getting a huge laugh. Thanks, @playthrough.

playthrough and Chef2 like this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

Masters just announced its postponing the toonament.

Draft saved Draft deleted