1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Guessing there have been fewer mentions about Golf Channel high-tailing it out of town and screwing over a lot of employees.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I had no idea they moved Cedar Point to Florida.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

These silly drunken Euros.
    Love em.
    Clarke's the best.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm regularly visit two golf message boards, and neither talks about Scotty Friggen Piercy as much as this thread.

Also, if I could have one wish for conservatives, it's that they wouldn't be able to cloak genuinely stupid and bigoted behavior as an "attack on their beliefs."

Lower taxes is a belief. A strong military is a belief. Being anti-abortion is a belief.

Q Anon is stupid, childish, dumbass shit. So are Pepe Memes about homophobic nonsense.

Scott Piercy is a moron who has won some Tour events and shit his pants twice at the US Open when he had a chance to win a major. I'm sure he'll spend the rest of his life thinking he was somehow wronged by liberals, but in truth, he made his own bed by believing dumbass shit he read on the Internet. No one would have given a shit if he'd simply taken to Instagram to advocate for tax breaks for small businesses.

qtlaw, Cosmo and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

There’s more grief for Piercy here because think of the demographics of golfers and who would be on a board.

look IMHO there are certainly conservatives who give and help others but their core policies are al about “I don’t want to share”.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

So sayeth the Turd:

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No fans at PGA events starting tomorrow and lasting through the Texas Open (April 2-5), so the next three tournaments after The Players (Valspar, Match Play, Texas)

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No fans will be at the Masters, either.

HanSenSE and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The o/u on balls in the water at 17 this week was 44.5. If I could go back one day on the app, I'd hit that under. Playing the last three rounds with no fans makes that tee shot far less intimidating for the pros.

(Pardon my gambling remark in the middle of a pandemic. I need a distraction.)

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

*golf clap*

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted