1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Saw a story that there's talk that AT&T might close down DC Comics entirely or sell off the publishing arm if the new reboot doesn't lead to a big sales boost. Which it won't. One rumor even has AT&T farming out at least the publishing side of the characters to Marvel but maintaining the rights to the characters themselves.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Whoa.

I have been waiting for the day Marvel and DC merge. Wonder if that's not too far off. That'll give them plenty of new stories to tell.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or just reboot Dark Claw.

[​IMG]

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm not going to go through the strain of finding out if this was covered, but I just had a "you're shitting me" moment rewatching Deep Space Nine. On one of their (several?) time traveling episodes, they start debating the best World Series teams: 99 Yankees and the 15 Royals ... er Kings. Forget for a minute that other teams were far better, I plotzed.

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

This season of doctor who stunk. The actings good the doctor and her team are fine but none of the stories made sense or landed. The new showrunner/writer might just be a dud.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I haven't been sure what to think of Thor: Love and Thunder. I wonder how they can make the Jane Foster as a female Thor thing work. They haven't gone as deep as the comics into a human turning into Thor. They have played on and off with the idea of the source of Thor's power. It was tied into his hammer in the character's first solo movie, Infinity War and Endgame. All of those left out the character growth and definition from Thor: Ragnarok, which had the power inside him all along. Taiki Waititi is writing and directing this one, too, so I thought they might go with his version of the character, but the whole Jane as Thor thing is tied into the idea of Thor no longer being worthy to wield Mjolnir, which you would think would also make him unworthy of Stormbreaker.

This all comes to mind because I read something today about Christian Bale playing the villain, though they haven't said what character he will play.

Tessa Thompson Confirms Christian Bale Is Playing a Villain in Thor 4: 'We're Going to Have Fun'

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I saw a single episode this season. I like this Doctor and her companions. I just kept missing it when it aired at 7 p.m. Sunday, and then BBC America wouldn't show the replay until 1 a.m. For fuck's sake, quit showing the four-hour TV version of Titanic every Sunday and get Doctor Who back on an hour or two earlier!

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  9. outofplace

The final trailer for Black Widow is out today. We still don't really have clarification of where this falls in the timeline. They are definitely playing Taskmaster as a serious threat, which I like.

10. outofplace

This could easily get lost for as long as this movie sat unreleased, but New Mutants will finally be in theaters April 3. I like the concept of taking existing comic book characters and making a horror movie with them. That was the original concept. I'm not sure if that is what we'll actually see.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Bury i t during Coronavirus season.

12. outofplace

The other option was to move it yet again, which really wasn't much of an option.

Draft saved Draft deleted