1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most Mediocre Uniforms Ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think that navy blue really pops because of how white that white is. I don't mind these at all.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I read the Browns are redoing their unis again. It's odd because I thought they did it right the last time.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't like white facemasks- they nearly always look like shit.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Um, no.

1) The ridiculous "BROWNS" down the side of the each leg with the seriously truncated stripes.
    2) The "CLEVELAND" wordmark across the top of the chest. Brown and orange? Orange helmets with no logo other than the stripe down the middle? Needs no further distinction.
    3) The contrast stitching on the jersey. I'd joke "woof," but no telling where the Dawg Pound would go from there.

There's a reason the NFL waived the number of times the Browns could wear their Color Rush uniforms last season in an attempt to minimize the visual ugliness (in addition, of course, to having to watch that team).

Just ... no.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

Will never understand wordmark for football uniforms - we all know what the f'n team is.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Are there any set rules in MLB besides, "Whatever the hell we feel like wearing that day?"
    I know a lot of teams let their starting pitcher decide.
    There have been a few times the Rangers and Angels have played each other and both wore their red jerseys -- which are the exact same shade, or so close to each other you can't tell them apart.

7. DanOregon

Always figured college teams with dull unis did the names across the front so they wouldn't be undercut on jersey sales.

I really hate the Angels unis. Red logo on red fabric? Wha? About as bad as the Atl. Falcons black on black bird.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

First college baseball game I ever covered. Cal at San Jose State, 1981. Both teams wore blue jerseys with gold lettering.

9. ADanielPandR

ADanielPandR Member

That's obviously no better, but to your point about how "you can't tell them apart," the same thing happens to me when sunlight makes the visiting team's gray look like white. So again, it should either be color-versus-white or gray-versus-color. Gray-versus-white is dull and embarrassingly antiquated.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Do you not remember the previous pieces of garbage?
    [​IMG]

11. 3_Octave_Fart

I had that lid back in the day.
    If nothing else they were original.

12. DanOregon

Some teams (the Reds and original D-back unis) pulled off the vest look.

Also - the dbacks originals worked (also the rare successful marriage and teal (turquoise) and purple). They had a real Sedona at sunset vibe.

upload_2020-3-5_14-18-31.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted