1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

crazy that Sane/Shayna tore it down in the mae young classic final and at Evolution and they mentioned none of it as way to get either of them over.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's interesting that, in recent years, there are two instances of a male wrestler physically attacking a female wrestler that I can think of and Randy Orton has done it both times.
    Beth Phoenix last night, and Nia Jax in the Royal Rumble a couple of years ago.
    Wonder if that's just coincidence, or they just figure he's the only guy on the roster who is bulletproof enough to get away with it without the fans turning him into a pariah.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think Rollins could do it. Maybe Owens when he's a heel. Not sure who else, but there are at least a few others on the roster I'm sure.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Thinking this has got the be the start of a heel turn, right?

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Did Corbin never do a move on Becky during that whole mess with the mixed tags last spring

Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Yes. Corbin did his finisher on Becky at the PPV. Rollins went apeshit and beat Corbin, then had Brock cash in the briefcase.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  7. nietsroob17

With Mauro Ranallo as his inductor, I'm sure.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

I think the issue with Nia is (not to sound insensitive) she's the biggest of all the women and she could theoretically take the men's finishers (she also took the 619 and Dolph's super kick).

You can't expect Bliss to take those.

9. nietsroob17

Let the rumor mill move (just go to the end if you want the climax)...

10. nietsroob17

11. nietsroob17

Jake Roberts hasn't had a steady presence on TV for nearly a quarter-century, and he's still a master of the mic.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe, although his moveset is a babyface’s.

Maybe he can be an arrogant Rollins-like heel. Although he would have to show some personality.

Draft saved Draft deleted