1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Going to Jimmy Eat World tonight.

Have tix for the Sturgill Simpson/Tyler Childers tour in March.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Finally saw "Hamilton" in SF; fantastic show, great singing and orchestra. I see what all the fuss was about.

Severian and UNCGrad like this.
  3. misterbc

misterbc Well-Known Member

I’ve always liked Steve Miller, not loved him, and was glad to see him in RR HOF. Favourite song is “Wintertime”, just a really cool repeating arpeggio that is mesmerizing. I bought a DVD of him playing a concert outdoors in Ohio or somewhere like that. Anyway, the other day my wife told me he’s playing here in Calgary in late August with Marty friggin’ Stuart, Holy Shit! I’ve always wanted to see Marty live, I’m not sure if he’s opening for Steve or playing as a guest in his band. He’s amazing and Steve is no slouch. Can’t believe I’ll see them both in one night.

4. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'm excited for the movie, tbh, which will include the full, original cast.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Marty Stuart is a god.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I am supposed to see White Reaper in a club next week.

I imagine, unfortunately, that won't happen now.

Fuck you, Trump.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm supposed to see the Pet Shop Boys in May... in Amsterdam.

Not looking good right now.

Tweener likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Live Nation and AEG have cancelled all concerts through March and probably April and maybe even May.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was supposed to go to Sturgill/Tyler tonight. I has a very sad. I've been hyped for this show for six months.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing but being in the music thread, I watched an interview with David Crosby last night, and he referred to Ticket Master as "Ticket Bastards".

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Supposed to see Jackson Browne and James Taylor in PDX on Memorial Day weekend. I have never seen either so I'm looking forward to it.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Saw Grand Funk Railroad at the Trop in AC last weekend. Packed 2000-seat Showroom. They sold 40+-million albums and are as good as forgotten. It was a thrill hearing Locomotion, which was my 6th grade graduation song. Don Brewer can still bring it at 70.

misterbc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted