1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Superstore was renewed, but America Ferrera is leaving the show. I'm guessing NBC would probably end the show, but it's their number 1 comedy and outside of Brooklyn 99, the only returning comedy in the fall.
    Also - Hawaii Five-O is ending.

2. DanOregon

When will we stop terrorizing Elisabeth Moss?

Honestly, kidnapped in the West Wing, jilted by Pete in Mad Men (let alone the sexism), she was sexually assaulted in top of the lake, Handmaid's Tale needs no explanation and now Invisible Man.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Interesting news on Ferrera. I know she's probably considered the lead, but I always found her character to be the least interesting. Hopefully it continues on strong without her. My wife & I love this show. Consistently funny.

garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I've been a big fan of H50 -- I haven't missed an episode since it started in 2010 -- but I have to admit it's probably run its course. It'll be interesting to see how they wrap things up. I would love to see Chin and Kono make cameos in the series finale, but considering how Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim left the show, that's probably not happening.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I knew Hawaii 5-0 was reaching the end when they started sending McGarrett off to Thailand, Africa, South America. "Hey, we need you in Bangkok." "OK, wheels up in 15." He grabs a bag and is gone. Like he was the only American agent who could do that? And Dan-O wasn't in it half the time. It was still an enjoyable show for me.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The show is more enjoyable when Danno is gone. The character is so annoying and Scott Caan is a terrible actor.

garrow likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Agree with that. His big recent episode, when he met the woman in the bar then she died in a car crash, it was painful to watch his performance.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’m glad H50 is ending. I like it. But I get frustrated with how stupid the writers are. And my wife gets pissed at how the women are always in skimpy tank tops while the men are wearing collared shirts.

9. DanOregon

Really, everytime I watch the show I'm thankfully reminded I never saw Jack Lord without a shirt as often as McGarrett is.

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I mean... she played a mob boss in The Kitchen. I guess this was her revenge?

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

And those pesky scientologists.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Outsider might be the best King adaption in a long time. I have not read the book, but the HBO series is pretty strong.

TigerVols likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted