1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

That video also took place a couple weeks ago, but if anything, I think that sets up the Mania match. Roman gripes about the part-timer/old-timer holding the belt and says he wants to get it off Goldberg.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Graves kind of hinted at this at the end of SSD, inquiring whether Goldberg will be at Smackdown on Friday and that being champ is a FT job...

rb

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this during the Goldberg-Fiend match: Is the Spear the most overused finishing move in WWE?
    Now that Goldberg and Edge are back, I think there are at least four wrestlers (those two, plus Reigns and Lashley) who use it as a finisher or the main setup for their finisher. There's never been a long break where someone hasn't used it, either.

4. nietsroob17

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Charlotte makes five.

It’s a move that, at heart, is one of the basic moves of all. Run up and tackle the other guy/gal.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Miz — “HE MADE YOU CARE ABOUT AIR!!!”

I enjoyed it immensely. I ended the show with a smile on my face. Not too many shows do that.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Had a very bizarre dream last night that Imperium and Inner Circle teamed up in a super heel faction.

And that folks is how you know you’re watching way too much rasslin

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's weird... I barely watch nowadays. I basically still follow it, via this thread and reading dirtsheets and listening to the Masked Man, but there's just so much of it on that I don't really try to watch. When Smackdown went to FOX, I watched a couple of weeks, but then cancelled it on the DVR after 3 episodes piled up without my watching it.

10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

There is no heel greater than MJF.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. nietsroob17

And if Boston is led to be believed, Goldberg will definitely be the heel in this situation vs. Roman.

12. nietsroob17

Damn, they really do like screwing over the hometown guys -- Sasha and Kofi have already taken pins in Boston, and you know Cena's going to get taken down by the Fiend.

Draft saved Draft deleted