1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

XFL Week 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by justgladtobehere, Feb 18, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering they make nothing from TV and generate all revenues from the gate - it makes no sense for the XFL to play at night. They make their money by parents bringing their kids and forking out for some XFL gear.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I assume that the ratings projections called for a decent sized drop after the first week. They just need it to level off.

While the rule changes are decent talking points, there is no real buzz about any player or team, which I think they were probably hoping for.

Only speaking for myself, I’m ready for a break from football after the Super Bowl. I tuned in for a little of the the first week out of curiosity and because the QB of one of the teams is the son of someone whom I’ve run across in my career. Nothing really captivating enough to have me come back.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've said the same thing time and again here. I love hockey like no other sport but I wouldn't watch an inferior product to the NHL in July-September, either. Sports need time to breathe, get out of the collective conscious and built anticipation for a new year. It's one of the issues with golf, which takes about a two-week offseason around Christmas. (And yes, I know people pay less attention to the fall events after the Tour Championship, but still ...)

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted