1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, he bends down to pick up his tee when the ball is still going on its upward trajectory.

The balls on that guy.

2. poindexter

Lost in the Kostis interview is him continuing to hammer the amount of commercials and 'stuff' in a broadcast.

I can't watch golf or many sports live on tv any more. I have to build an hour or so cache, and FF through the bs. Life is too short to sit there through another TD Ameritrade ad.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If there was a cartoon balloon coming out of Tiger's mouth, it would be "What the fuck are you doing?"

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

By the back nine of the afternoon round, Woods and Mickelson would stand on opposite sides of the fairway even if their drives were like five yards apart. Making this even funnier, the then-Mrs. Woods and Amy Mickelson walked all 36 holes together chatting happily and getting on like a house afire.
    The capper was Mickelson's final drive of the day, which went so far left it must have left the property of Oakland Hills and perhaps the entire state of Michigan. Woods just stood there looking at him and guess at his thought balloon, "you know, Phil, when you host the Champions dinner at Augusta next April, I AM going to bring this up."

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Still do. Trust me. He's become the modern-day Vijay Singh with one exception ... the players liked Vijay. No one else did. The players might hate Reed more than any other Tour demographic.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The way the Tour sees it, the FedEx Cup is the format they use to determine their season-long champion, plus the main eligibility criteria to keep your card. Fans and the old-guard golf media can dismiss it all they want but the players get it.
    It would like an NFL team winning a big game and not mentioning where that put them in their divisional standings.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I can imagine what it would be like if one of the No Laying Up guys worked a golf TV telecast: "hey, dude ... Phil gave me a fist bump!"

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Peter Kostis just burned the PGA Tour and CBS alive.

And what he said about Patrick Reed was not surprising. Vijay was not this despised, and that's probably a good thing. Vijay really liked some players, and some players thought highly of Vijay because he was willing to go against the grain.

Not sure anyone on Tour would stop to whiz on Reed if he were on fire.

9. poindexter

You're telling me that rookie who won thought about his 500 Fed Ex points, not his two year exemption, or entry into Masters?

10. poindexter

I know Hondo is a lot more knowledgeable about golf than me, but seeing those stupid green fed ex standings while a player is on the back nine on Sunday in a tournament in February is stupid.

I want to see what the guy is doing to win Riviera, I don't give a shit about the year end tournament on Labor Day.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He’s a stooge for the PGA.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So what? It's another number on the graphic. Focus on the score of the tournament if you want. Despite it all you want, but it's how they choose to conduct their individual championship and since they're rights-holders, they sort of have the well, the right to emphasize it. I honestly don't know why some elements of the media have fought this for 13 years now. For one thing it's obvious it isn't going anywhere. FedEx re-upped for 10 years last year. It's like an old-school guy who hates the designated hitter or the 3-point shot, then bitches when the DH or 3-pointers are included in the box score.
    Fuck, man, relax. No one's asking you to give a shit about the FedEx Cup. But you seem to want to wish it out of existence and that ain't happening.

Draft saved Draft deleted