1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yang is giving some good perspective on Bloomberg on CNN.

2. bigpern23

So is Van Jones, actually. It's pretty good TV to see Yang give the billionaire perspective on Bloomberg's performance followed by Jones giving the "common" perception.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So even though Bernie tried to poach superdelegates from Hillary last time around, and even though the DNC bent over backward to Bernie by taking away superdelegate power until the second ballot, Bernie now says there shouldn't even be a second ballot. The delegate leader after the final primary should be the nominee. Fuck off, Bernie.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Didn't get to tune in until the end, so just judging on what I read here, but does he improve in the next one with more prep time? Or is it just more target practice for the rest of the field?

6. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

He’ll always get brutally attacked like he did tonight. He’s out of his element and it showed. Anyone who supports him over any of the others on stage tonight is a fucking idiot.

7. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I don't know why he gets to play the "just warming up" card. He even tried to pull that in debate, saying "I just got into this 12 weeks ago." Like it was a spur-of-the-moment decision or someone blindfolded him, threw him in a van, dumped him on the debate stage and put a mic in his face.

Sea Bass likes this.
  8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

How'd Joe do? Was not able to watch.

9. bigpern23

Yang seemed to imply that Bloomberg was probably not very coachable by his debate prep team.

10. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Probably his best debate performance so far, but if you've seen the others, that's not really saying much.

11. bigpern23

Better. To me, Warren shined brightest and I thought Pete performed well. Klobuchar was feisty, but Pete rattled her. Bernie stayed the course. Bloomberg was a disaster.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Honest question: does this actually hurt Bloomberg with the voting public?

I mean, Twitter is killing him -- but does that really matter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.