1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Also: Why isn't the Hulk naked?

Inky_Wretch and maumann like this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Or better yet, why isn't Wonder Woman? ;)

maumann likes this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

If I'm walking out of the hospital after that crash and I don't feel like wearing shoes, I ain't wearing shoes.

Stunned and happy to see those pictures.

Batman, 2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Now that everyone can breathe again, I'll be very curious to hear how everything went down with getting him out of the car and his condition at that moment. When the black screens went up, I'd have bet the mortgage that Newman wouldn't have ended up walking out of a hospital.

maumann likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

6. Driftwood

Looks like Hampton - I mean Atlanta - is now postponed, too.

maumann likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

NASCAR has postponed all races through May 3. The next race, it hopes, will be Martinsville on May 9.
    So that brings the total to seven canceled races — Atlanta, Homestead, Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega and Dover. There is one open date mixed in there.
    Statement says they still plan to run all 36 races, though, which means they'll have to include either some midweek races or Pocono-style doubleheader weekends. I'd guess they'll also race on what had been two back-to-back open dates in July and August.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

If you look up "delusional" in the dictionary, I'm certain there's a NASCAR logo as an illustration.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I looked a little closer at the schedule. Only one of those seven races (Dover) are at a track they visit before the playoffs. They don't go back to Atlanta and Homestead. The second races at Texas, Bristol, Richmond and Talladega are all playoff races.
    So conceivably they could double-dip at Dover and Michigan, and run two races on the open dates. Maybe bag the All-Star race and put a regular-season race there instead, and push the season finale back two weeks to Nov. 22, which is right on the edge of where you'd want the season to end.
    Most of these are also southern races, and they'll have to make them up on the summer swing through the northern states, which is going to be hell on logistics. I can't imagine how they do it.

10. Driftwood

Naaaaa, let's truly old school with the midweek races and hit Bowman Gray, Hickory, Kingsport.

expendable and playthrough like this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

In a compromised season, why not try a bunch of different things? Do as many doubleheaders as possible and play around with different distances. Scrap the stages sometimes. Run one race and then invert that finishing order for the start of the next race. Hell, put one weekend's format up for a fan vote. Treat every weekend as an opportunity to try out something different.

garrow and Batman like this.
  12. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

North Wilkesboro should head up the "old school" list ...

Draft saved Draft deleted