1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The Boys II Men version of Let it Snow.

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Or the Starbucks is what made you late to an important meeting.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Things that irk me? I took my wife to chemo again yesterday, about the 40th time this year. There were 2 pregnant women getting treated at the same time. This is proof that a sentient or benevolent god does not exist.

4. Severian

And to know that everyone receiving treatment will have a good chunk of their life savings drained to pay for overly expensive care.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The "does anyone have a recommendation for the best (insert inane thing here)" post on Facebook. Good God people unless it's just really obscure you don't need to post it on Facebook. A rather persistent oversharer just asked where she can get matching pjs for her two children. Jesus, did you try Walmart or Target? Did you actually look? Her kids are going to be those shits in my class who can't bother reading directions before asking for help.

6. Severian

It's not that they can't find their own recommendation -- Google exists -- it's because they want the attention.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Fellow Jews who post Hanukkah greetings and spell it Chanukah.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Actors and actresses who seem to take pride in not having seen the movies they're in. The latest, Constance Wu

Constance Wu Made $600 While 'Undercover' as a Stripper Before Filming Hustlers

The actress also revealed during an appearance on Live with Kelly and Ryan that she hasn’t yet seen the movie.

"I still haven’t seen it. The last movie I saw of mine was Crazy Rich Asians,” Wu said.

Wu explained it was difficult to see herself onscreen, saying, “It was watching that movie, after that experience, that I stopped watching anything.”​

Oh, so you have no interest in seeing how you come off as a stripper? Either you're an idiot or you're lying. Either way, not a good look.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

It is incredibly difficult to watch yourself onscreen and you run the danger of becoming self conscious which is death for an actor,

OscarMadison and Slacker like this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So the only feedback they get is from the reaction of other actors? Don’t they spend hours in front of a mirror seeing how what they think they are projecting is actually coming off?

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Nope ... that's what acting teachers and directors are for. It needs to be internally realized.

OscarMadison and Slacker like this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Adam Driver does the same thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted