1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Simplest Life Pleasure?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Feb 17, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

It’s a sunny day in Cali and I’m enjoying the holiday drinking coffee in my backyard listening to the birds chirping and petting my dog. A simple, free pleasure.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Capturing life on film.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Black coffee in the morning.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Boardgames

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Life in a Vermont art gallery re: "capturing life on film" ...

So this dude from Albany just came back to the gallery 3 years later ...

[​IMG]

... but not with that woman, for whom he bought these earrings made of old guitar strings.

Today he brought a different cutie. He recognized me, said I took his photo 3 years ago.

I sort of remembered taking his photo. He wondered if I still had the photo.

Told him that every photo I take is uploaded to my Google storage so it's likely that I did still have it.

The woman he brought in today looked around the gallery. He came back to the counter and gave me his card with cell phone number.

Ah, yes, now I remember you, I said, after seeing where he worked. I searched our Facebook page and found the photo and story from 3 years ago.

I texted him the photo. He was standing with today's chica up on the mezzanine and peeked at his phone and gave me a thumb's up behind her back.

He just left with today's chica but not before sliding a 5 dollar bill on the counter with a shit-eating grin. LOL.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My morning walk with my dog. It is all downhill from there. She's a good listener

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The NYT crossword puzzle. Especially on a slow Sunday morning.

misterbc likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Browsing the selection of used books at Goodwill, Salvation Army etc.

exmediahack and Flip Wilson like this.
  9. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

To crush my enemies, to see them driven before me and to hear the lamentations of their women.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Waking up without a hangover and with a head full of steam.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Standing in the edge of the surf as the sun comes up over the Atlantic. Nothing matters but the smell of the salt air, the feel of warmth on your face, and the sound of crashing waves.

maumann likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm triggered. Thirty years ago it would have been getting out of bed at my home in Houston, and heading out to wade fish the salt flats at the state park at Anahuac. I could get in the car and be out there waist deep flinging a Mirrolure or a jig for speckled trout, redfish, and flounder in 45 minutes or so.

I love sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee watching the birds work over the bird feeders. I'm very much my father's son in that way.

Put me in a big old kinda disorganized used book store and I'm in hog heaven, seeing old friends and finding new ones.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted