1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's a pretty solid reason. It kind of encapsulates part of the reason I don't care for him that I wasn't able to put my finger on until I read that. However, if he wins the nomination, I will donate, raise money and campaign on his behalf.

heyabbott, garrow and Smallpotatoes like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Actually, it's née Tsaritsyn (1589-1925). :)

Michael_ Gee and Tarheel316 like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

President's Day

Lincoln freed the slaves throughout the South
    Trump wants to free Roger Stone to shut his mouth
    Chester A. Arthur became president because Garfield died
    Trump became president because he had Russian on his side
    JFK led the nation into space
    Trump and his people are motivated by race
    George Washington could not tell a lie
    Trump makes Honduran children cry
    Teddy Roosevelt fought in Cuba on his horse
    Trump spends much of the time on his golf course
    Eisenhower wore a uniform in World War Two
    Trump has a red hat and bone spurs too
    FDR and Reagan elected in years ending in zeroes
    Trump said POWs aren't heroes
    LBJ created the Great Society
    Trump rules one based on bigotry

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this but the Dems show as much spite for bending their rules for Bloomberg, a Republican
    That invalidates the argument they tilted the race for Hillary because Bernie wasn’t a Democrat
    Sandernistas have a right to be pissed

Tweener likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's the other candidates, including Bernie, who want Bloomberg included in the debates. They want to challenge him personally rather than let him hide behind a cloak of nonstop TV ads.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Was Bloomberg ever really interested in the nomination, or was he more interested in using his fortune to annoy and distract Trump and draw fire away from from the Democratic field?

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd want him in the debates, simply because he's not very charismatic or likeable. He has a whiny, high-pitched voice. And he tends to be dismissive of people when he disagrees with them; he rolls his eyes like what the other person is suggesting is dumb or beneath him. This is mostly why he has been the invisible man, hiding behind produced videos. The people he has hired to craft this thing can't make him into something he actually isn't. ... so they are hiding him .If image and likeability are 90 percent of what the dumb mass of people in this country respond to, the thought of Mike Bloomberg resonates with people more than the reality of Mike Bloomberg.

Tweener likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

It is also the hope of the candidates who aren't Bernie that he and Bloomberg would go at it hammer and tongs in a debate. In multi-candidate races, noncombatants prosper while the two fighters drag each other down.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Just my speculation, of course. But from what I deduce about Mike Bloomberg from watching him for years, he wants the nomination. He never would have entered, except to try to win. Two things about him: He's someone who is very focused on results (what you do doesn't matter as much, sometimes, as getting something [anything] done). He also likes the adulation that comes from the things he accomplishes.

12. Michael_ Gee

It's pretty clear that Bloomberg entered as soon as Democratic insiders (with whom he has extensive contacts, also Republican insiders, that's how big money works) starting talking about Biden's weakness as a candidate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.