1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

JoJo Rabbit; that was funny

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The greatest 87 seconds in film history

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Eighth Grade. I liked it. The girl did a really nice job and captured the awkwardness of that age.

It's a few steps above an after-school special but still important enough I think for girls 5th thru 8th to watch.

I liked a lot of the camera work and decisions with cinematography.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Crazy Rich Asians was as good as everyone said. It's pretty much a Hallmark movie plot you know by heart, yet the performances are what make it work.

The MEG could have been ridiculous gory fun, but they pulled too many of their punches.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I watched two docs on Netflix last night (with my girlfriend so it appears less sad): Woodstock and The Other One (about Bob Weir). Both were really well done. I learned a ton from the Woodstock one and I came away liking and respecting Weir even more.

misterbc likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Weir > Jerry in that he's more my speed and I love the stories he tells in his songs.

Me and My Uncle is fantastic little story.

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

The Other One was great. I liked where he was touring their old house and pointing to where people slept.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"Up in the Air," for about the fifth time. Just have always liked it. Clooney's road-warrior life has an odd appeal to me (though the job he had in that movie would not).

SFIND and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Saw “Parasite” last night in a small theater. Was very good, funny, but it was at least 20 minutes too long. Should have ended at an earlier point. The birthday party just dragged and then the ending was mainly done with a voiceover. Still it was much better than Once Upon a Time.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I’ve now seen Parasite twice and I’m more convinced that, had it been an American film, it would have been viewed as rather unremarkable. I liked it, but there was nothing about it to me that was Best Pic worthy. The acting was good, not great. The cinematography wasn’t particularly noteworthy. The music wasn’t memorable.

I also didn’t really buy the idea that he murdered Mr Park because he was so offended by the smell stuff and the income inequality.

And the deus ex machina that propelled the plot — the girl slipping on the stairs and everyone tumbling into view for the maid to record — was pretty simplistic and, frankly, silly.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

That seems to be a feature, rather than a bug, of US-Chinese co-pros (see: The Great Wall). Gotta be as broad as possible to tap into the American and Chinese audiences while also tip-toeing around the Chinese censors. There is ample demand for big, dumb summer fun, of course, but expecting anything envelope-pushing from such projects is a fool's errand.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Aaaaaand now that’s what I’m watching after work. Saw it in the theater and not since. Just remember enjoying it very much.

playthrough likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted