1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Girls sue school system for allowing trans athletes to complete

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Let’s also remember that the group that is suing is a Christian conservative organization whose prime motivation is to shove their beliefs down everyone else’s throat. The competition aspect of this is just a convenient argument for them. There wouldn’t be a lawsuit if the transgendered athletes finished in last place.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Many of these athletes aren’t doing that. They are simply declaring that they are now female, growing their hair out and competing as females.

Biology doesn’t lie. If a male has gone thru puberty they have more genetic advantages than females which is why we separate sports by sex and not gender.

I think we will look back on this and say WTF were people thinking letting biological males compete with biological females.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Iron_chet

You mean like this? Totally agree with what you’re saying. We are in cuckoo land with some of this stuff.

Transgender MMA Fighter Who Broke Female Opponent’s Skull. Are We Getting Too “Politically Correct” With Reality?

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

This is utter bullshit. I challenge you to show documented proof of high school athletes masquerading as the opposite gender in competitions. Maybe there's an isolated case but that's it.

SFIND and heyabbott like this.
  5. SoloFlyer

Surgery is the last step in a lengthy process, often years after the transition process begins.

You going to go around checking the genitalia of minors just to determine who can compete where?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s not a simple issue. Think about it from the girls on the teams or the sports’ point of view. The boys get the best fields, the best practice times, the most support, more money and resources are spent on boys sports than girls sports. Girls have to fight to get equity, boys just assume they get what they need. Now here are girls in schools trying out, practicing and playing and generally taking a back seat to the boys. what’s their point of view? We work our asses off and still the boys take precedence. And here come a few individuals who believe they really are girls, but are biologically male. These girls are now, we can’t even have our own 2nd class sports where we at least are playing and now these girls who used to be boys come in and dominate? Forget scholarships, that’s bs. But from the girls’ competitive nature, is it fair to them?

as a father of girls who were varsity athletes I wouldn’t want to see a biological male compete in girls lax or basketball play against my kids. My kids were All County in some sports, played on Championship teams and crap teams. If I was the parent of a transgender child, as is my sister-in-law, I would have a different view.

7. Iron_chet

There isn’t usually a document with all the medical treatment that trans athletes have gone thru when you see the stories of these brave athletes.

Seems that all of them started their transition after puberty so they already have the physical advantage of being male.

If you’re biological sex is male you shouldn’t be allowed to compete with females. This is a sex issue, not a gender issue.

OscarMadison and expendable like this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If it’s a sex issue, then can girls compete in boys’ sports?

9. SoloFlyer

Is it fair to have a 14-year-old freshman compete against an 18-year-old senior? Isn't that a huge physical advantage?

Most transitions happen around the time of or after puberty because that's when most individuals gain a better understanding of their identity.

By the way, "biological differences" were what people used to justify slavery and segregation. They even thought they had science on their side. They were wrong.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

so the average size and weight for 14-18 males and females are the same? Testosterone and estrogen are myths and males and females are biologically identical except for a couple of reproductive organs? If women just worked harder their athletic ability would the equal to men? lack of Dunking in the women’s game is by choice not by ability? On the golf course men and women are capable of driving the ball similarly? Abolish single sex gender sports. May the best person make the team.

11. Iron_chet

JFC. XX vs XY.

12. Iron_chet

Most girls compete on a girls team where one is in place. If a girl wants to compete on a boy’s team then yeah go ahead.

Draft saved Draft deleted