1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-2020 NHL season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Good stuff, Chris. Thank you for sharing.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

ChrisLong, Cosmo and Liut like this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

He gone:

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gabby, we hardly knew ye

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The Rangers beat Minnesota in a shootout last night. I petered out after one period, so I only saw the highlights. Minnesota gave up the tying goal with the Rangers' goalie pulled and 1:06 left, and then lost in a shootout.

Other than that game and one earlier in the season against the Rangers, I haven't paid much attention to Minnesota. I know they tried to take a win-now stance in free agency, so I am sure Boudreau is taking the fall for them being on the outside if the season ends today.

But my impression is that they are only a slightly above average team and are pretty much where anyone should have expected. A lot of big bodies, not that fast, defensive-oriented, and if anything, the defensive structure Boudreau had them playing made the most sense for the players they have. I am not sure what more he should have been expected to do with that roster.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If they are slightly above average what the hell is average?

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Will admit straight-up bias here, but I'm glad Boudreau was fired. He is the biggest prick I have ever had to deal with ... and that includes a lot of a-hole college basketball coaches.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Great scene in the Springs for the outdoor game tonight.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Really? I gotta hear this. We get along pretty well

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He was gone pretty early in my tenure in DC but my experience with him was quite the opposite and I never heard anyone say he was difficult.

That's not to say Liut is mistaken, obviously. People change. But yeah, it has me curious, too.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Boudreau was fine in Anaheim ... until Game 7(s).

Draft saved Draft deleted