1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Window seat etiquette on flights

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Sep 18, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

No, I'm over 6 feet. Where does it say that you're entitled to use your laptop on a plane? Sure, it'd be nice, but you're not entitled to it. You are, however, entitled to recline your seat, an option that was installed on most planes back when trays were used for eating, reading a magazine, writing a postcard, what have you. Not using your laptop. You wanna use a laptop? Buy a first-class seat.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You are entitled and selfish.

3. CD Boogie

That's awfully ironic since you're operating with the belief that you're entitled to use a laptop on a plane, but that you can only use it if the person in front of you does not recline their seat. So they have to sit upright the whole flight so that you can watch a movie or do work. Mmm, hmm. But that other person is selfish and entitled. Maybe they shouldn't sit in their seat at all. Maybe they should sit under your feet so you can use their backs as a foot stool.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You don’t have to do anything, you obviously don’t care about anybody else’s comfort but your own. And the laptop was just one example. You are more than entitled to be a douchebag.

5. CD Boogie

No, the laptop is the main nerve. You've been exposed. Laptop entitlement case ^^^

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not at all. You care only for yourself and I care about others comfort not just my own.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Is there ANY topic you’re not a total red-ass about? Lighten up, Francis. An airplane seat going back a few inches isn’t ruining your life. And you can still use a laptop if someone reclines in front of you. I know. I’ve done it. Many times.

If EVERYONE around you is an asshole... it might be you and not them.

8. CD Boogie

I care about others. I'd even help them figure out how to recline their own seats, to share in the experience.

JC likes this.
  9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Who said everyone is an asshole? You’re an asshole of you recline your seat.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Nah.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Whole lotta manufactured outrage on this thread.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No outrage. If you recline you’re a douche and probably voted for Trump.

Draft saved Draft deleted