1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Ardmore, OK

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Editor

Description:
    The Ardmoreite, a medium-sized Oklahoma multi-media news source, is looking for a top-flight sports editor who is committed to covering local sports and athletes while giving our readers balanced coverage of college and professional sports. The ideal candidate will produce sharp, inviting sports pages, crisp and concise stories, and has a love of high school sports, athletes and coaches. Salary is competitive and we offer a full range of benefits, including paid time off, health, vision, dental and 401k. You will join a dynamic and evolving newsroom that is committed to journalistic excellence. You'll be located in one of Oklahoma's fastest growing communities that offers a wide range of attractions, good schools and great people. Please send five samples of your writing and three samples of your page designs. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job is perfect for a sports reporter looking to move up or an editor who wants the freedom to do great sports journalism every day. Please provide letter of interest plus clips, examples of page design, references and salary requirements to kim.benedict@ardmoreite.com and robby.short@ardmoreite.com. Please put Sports Editor in the subject line.

2. jla74m

jla74m Member

I had an interview at this place three years ago. Avoid at all costs. Drove around Ardmore and saw several houses that looked like shacks with busted out windows. Nothing about this town was appealing. Plus, the newspaper is owned by Gatehouse/Gannett. So, that's a negative as well.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You can shitcan any idea of page design here going forward. My spidey sense tells me they’ll be using Austin before September.

4. Outtahere

Outtahere New Member

The town isn't great, but lake is nearby. It's not far from Dallas & OKC, so chances to move up. I worked with the managing editor for years. He's a good guy, likes sports and just wants to put out a good product. He'll stay out of your hair if you work hard, and he's always open to new ideas. Also, on the plus side, the teams (especially football) are always competitive. The main high school is competing for a state titles in pretty much everything every year and one of the smaller high schools is a wrestling powerhouse.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They don't get much closer than Lake Tahoe.

6. Danwriter

Danwriter Member

Lot of help-wanted posts today. Good sign?

Draft saved Draft deleted