1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Astros hit with 1-year suspensions for manager, GM, and heavy draft penalties UPDATE: Sox fire Cora

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Jan 13, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Presumably one must be logged in to Twitter.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Attendance has declined for seven consecutive years now, so fans have been not giving a shit already. This won't help. Baseball has major integrity issues and no one wants to own it.

Captain_Kirk likes this.
  3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I mean, they're alpha male superior athletes, so they don't want their accomplishments to be sullied, to be thought less of. They certainly don't have any remorse; they're just miffed they got caught. Bregman could give a damn, smarmy putz that he is. It will be interesting to see how him and Altuve respond and adjust through the rest of their careers. Will they crush through it and grow mentally? Or will the taunting from fans, the disrespect (and retribution) from opponents, the questions from the media, etc., fuck them up? My money is on the latter. I'm not saying they're gonna drop off a cliff performance-wise, but I think a considerable dip can be expected -- and not just because they're no longer getting help.

They are gonna be booed and thrown at, at least the first time they play at every road team. That'll last a few months.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Where's Brian McCann, enforcer of professionalism? Mr. Respect THE GAME. Biggest phony in baseball. Gutless..

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

One was.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Isn't McCann the 'play the right way' guy with younger, flashier players?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

McCann and Verlander are the standup guys of baseball. It’s a team game. Either the whole team cheats or no one does.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but is their highlight video called "Bang the Trash Can Slowly?"

I'm sure that's a db but I didn't see it on this thread. I heard it on the radio last week, pretty clever.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Screw it, I want the MLB to be complete lawlessness with everyone cheating in broad day light.

announcer one: “Runner on second and he appears to be pulling a syringe out of his pocket and injecting it into his buttocks.”
    Announcer two: “It’s likely saphenal six. He is 11 for 11 on steal attempts when he takes a boost of saphenal six.”
    Announcer one: “catcher sees it and he is going out to the mound. I don’t see the manager, but there is commotion in the dugout.”
    Announcer two: “it’s the Pittsburgh Parrot!”
    Announcer one: “woah nelly, this changes everything. The parrot is bringing out vials of cocaine for the pitcher, catcher and wow the entire infield is now having a party on the mound.”
    Announcer two: “people questioned the Red Sox for bringing back rampant cocaine usage, but the results speak for themselves. They are 15-5 since they hired the Parrott.
    Announcer one: “the Yankees have now switched dugout drummers from the very steady Phil Collins to Peter Criss.”
    Announcer two: “makes sense, Peter is used to doing much more cocaine than Phil. He will be able to interpret the Sox’s signs quicker.”
    Announcer one: “for those at home wondering why we are showing crowd shots right now? Well, the pitcher is actually pissing on the ball on the mound.”
    Announcer two: “this is a new one, but we can assume the Sox have discovered that urine works better than saliva.”
    Announcer one: “the batter is now calling for a new bat.”
    Announcer two: “it appears to be just wine corks held together with some kind of laminate.”

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted