1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1st Crush

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Feb 10, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Enjoying the hell out of this thread. Michael_ Gee is right about it dating us.

She's married to Michael McKean. Lenny did well for himself!

It's interesting that so many of the crushes listed here figured in girls' media landscape as well. I think it was aspirational for us even if they were just jiggley counterparts to Hunter or T. J. Hooker.

Can't remember who was first, really.

Ages four to early elementary years, my future husbands were:
    Batman
    Neil Armstrong
    Jacques Cousteau
    Artemus Gordon
    Chief Engineer Scott

Later on, these guys caught my attention:
    Dan Aykroyd
    Eugene Levy
    Harold Ramis
    Roy Blount
    Mark Linn-Baker
    Tom Stoppard

Sports crushes:
    Larry Mahan
    Catfish Hunter
    Maybe it was their resemblances to my friends' trans-am or pickup driving, home from Aynem older brothers.

HC and Wenders like this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My 3 biggest sports crushes:

* Diana Taurasi (and that Old Dominion point guard ca. '79 or '80)
    * Cat Osterman
    * Alex Morgan
    * Anna Kournikova
    * Tonya Harding (that's right)

There are probably others but those 5 are a good representation.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Diana Taurisi is a terrific player...

4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Katarina Witt
    1708558105-katarina-witt-quotes-2.jpg

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Perhaps the greatest athlete pictorial Playboy ever published.

ChrisLong likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

Damn right. I couldn't find the photo of her with one skate extended directly over her head. And the others, ahem, definitely NSFW.

Batman likes this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I had a subscription when that issue came out, and it was quite the pleasant surprise. Somehow, it did not survive the Great Playboy Purge of 2007 when I got married and moved out of my apartment and had to dispose of 10 years of magazines. Should have kept that one.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If only I had known ... :D

9. ChrisLong

I had to dump a bunch of Playboys and Los Angeles Magazines. There was a memorable cover on LAMag of Courtney Thorne-Smith, who, IMO, could be included in this thread.

gettyimages-110202982-612x612.jpg

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I was lucky to grow up in the mini-skirt, go-go boots 60s. Saw Joey Heatherton in some sports magazine (because she was with Lance Rentzel, the lesser of the two NFL receiver Lances at the time). Things kind of changed after that.

[​IMG]

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, I've never heard of her or him. But she's a cutey...who's probably like 75 now, right?

EDIT: In April 1969, Rentzel married Joey Heatherton, an actress, dancer, and singer, in New York City.[23] In November 1970, Rentzel was arrested for exposing himself to a 10-year-old girl.[24] He pled guilty to the charge and promised to undergo psychiatric treatment and was given a suspended sentence. Afterwards, fans started calling Rentzel "No-Pants Lance" and making jokes like, "Don’t worry, even if we are down late, I’m sure Lance will pull it out sooner or later." Heatherton filed for divorce on September 18, 1971 and it became final in 1972.[25][23] Rentzel later wrote a book, When All the Laughter Died in Sorrow, reflecting upon those events.[26]

:eek:

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Exactly 75. And HER Playboy pictorial appered when she was . . . 53!

Draft saved Draft deleted