1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harvey Weinstein, Mr. soon-to-be-living-the-rest-of-his- short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain, arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, May 24, 2018.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There are good reasons that the Hollywood casting couch has been a well known thing since the 1920's.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Weinstein's use of the walker is apparently an obvious ruse because his apparent explanation is that he had some sort of back procedure, but if that were truly the case he'd be walking STRAIGHTER not stooped. Someone should have told him before he went out in public; someone's getting fired.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That's not necessarily so. There are plenty of back surgeries that don't work, or help, or that even end up worsening problems.

That said, looking at him, or Bill Cosby, on their way to and from courts lately has only reminded me of each of them. Going to jail for their actions seemed to turn each of them into feeble-looking, fragile old men. Not that they were young before they went in, of course, but maybe prison really does do something to you.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Weinstein hasn't gone to jail.

5. WriteThinking

My mistake. So, even if just the prospect of it, the thought still stands. I can't get over how alike those two seem to look and be acting, all of a sudden.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with appearances for a jury, nothing at all.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The women they have brought forth, jesus, the prosecution should have just focused on one woman who had been assaulted and who didn't carry on a relationship with him. I'm worried the jury is gonna conflate these stories and he's gonna walk.

8. WriteThinking

What's your point? It's just my observation/opinion, and a thought I've had each time I've seen either one of those guys. And I doubt I'm the only one.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Lol. How naive are you?

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Remanded into custody. Sentencing is March 11.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

He got off on the most serious charges, but he’ll get hammered on the two convictions.

Draft saved Draft deleted