1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NFL Off-season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 30, 2019.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I just read a crawl that a new negotiated CBA is up for approval by players association.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought that was always going to be the case. Making it indefinite at the time was the NFL's way of giving itself time to see how public opinion would go. If the outrage over Garrett's behavior didn't go away, maybe they extend it. That didn't happen, so they can reinstate him now.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Did he get an apology Senator?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"A proposal to alleviate the pain of being a Bengals and Browns fan has gone up in smoke.

Being a fan of the NFL's franchises in Cincinnati and Cleveland does not meet the condition requirements to purchase medical marijuana, an Ohio medical board committee ruled Wednesday."

Ohio nixes Browns-Bengals fandom weed petition

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have no idea where the FA QBs are headed - I do think Brady will want to take the recruiting trips just to remind the NE fans he had other options when he chose to return. Brees isn't leaving NO. But outside of that, it's a weird deal - you have a few mid-career FAs and few a year or two away from retirement - it would be a lot easier if the draft was first this year and teams could find a "mentor" type if they draft a qb - or go for a Tannehill, Bridgewater or Dalton if they plan on tanking to get a franchise type in the draft in the next year or two.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Going to make the last week of regular season a lot more interesting, resting the starters for a glorified bye or worry about position.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They just don't get it. The more you expand a playoff, the more you dilute the regular season and lessen its importance. They were the one league that seemed to grasp this concept.

Draft saved Draft deleted