1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2019-20 college football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jlee, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The longer this goes, the better Butch Jones looks...

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

More than $5m a year? You gotta go. Just for comparison - that's more than the highest paid coach in the Pac-12 made last year (Chris Petersen at UDub). But the dearth of "hot coaches" led to a pretty tame carousel.

You'd think the Colorado AD would dial up Saban and ask for a name since he just helped them lose their last one.

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

How good is he?
    Who knows

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, at least he has Saban's approval.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And Turd Ferguson’s

7. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

From afar, I don't think of Michigan State in that "little brother" role as apparently people close to the schools do. It seems, athletically, capable of holding its own and is prominent nationally, especially in men's basketball. When I think of unequal athletics relationships between large state schools, I would think of Oklahoma-Oklahoma State or Iowa-Iowa State well before Spartans-Wolverines. I'm sure there are academic and historic factors that play into the Michigan-Michigan State relationship that are omnipresent for in-state people. Athletically, I don't think of Michigan State as second-rate.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Bieniemy?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I doubt he'd leave the NFL except for a boatload of money Colorado probably can't or won't offer.

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

February, woof. Does it make sense to slap an interim tag on Chiaverini and spend the season negotiating with Moorhead?

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bad look for Tucker, after committing to recruits and the school, then doubling down a couple of days ago.

But, yeah, money.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I know a guy with club seats at Folsom who probably isn’t too upset about this.

Chef2 and MileHigh like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted