1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1st Crush

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Feb 10, 2020.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Man, that is a name I haven’t heard in years

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not that old if she was among your first crushes. Her prime, in terms of stardom, was in the '80s.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Then: Elizabeth Shue for more than the GQ cover — but that didn't hurt
    Now: Kristen Bell because she's funny and seems sort of normal attainable if I had more money and a better bone structure

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

oop- If we're the same age, and I've a feeling we are, then you're old too, fool.

Madsen was doing skin flicks and cheesy fare like HBO's The Hitchhiker in the mid-'80s. Looked like Marilyn Monroe, should have been a bigger star.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Always mix up Madsen with Sherrilyn Fenn who was in the racy Two Moon Junction.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Madsen was great with William Petersen in "Long Gone," the cable version of "Bull Durham" that might have been better than "Bull Durham."
    "A shot of Jack."
    "How old are you?"
    "Old enough to want a shot of Jack for breakfast."

Sherilyn Finn is an all-time beauty. Now she is getting a few "mother" roles. She is on "SWAT" and "Goliath."

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

"Long Gone" is an under-appreciated baseball/life movie with a Hank soundtrack. Madsen was very attractive.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I taped it way back when, loaned the tape to a guy at work, never got it back. Dixie Lee Boxx, Miss Strawberry Festival. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

9. outofplace

Fart, I meant you couldn't be very old if she was among your first crushes. I think you and I are roughly the same age. Earlier in the thread, I was bringing up women from television shows I watched in the '70s. Madsen isn't young, but she's younger than Lee Meriwether and Lynda Carter.

To be fair, Meriwether goes back even further. Those Batman episodes aired in the '60s, but I was seeing them for the first time in reruns in the '70s.

10. outofplace

Last I looked, this was actually the whole thing without any parts of it messed up. I'm not sure if that is still the case.

I loved that movie. I have had many fantasy baseball teams named the Tampico Stogies. Madsen was definitely one of the best things about the movie. It was the first time I had seen her.

"She just loves yer ass, kid!"

ChrisLong likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Let's not get crazy

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Mothman Prophecies; wrong Candyman

Madsen >>> Fenn

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted