1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That 90% figure is the scariest part of what this will do. This outbreak has been ongoing since early January and 90% of everyone ever infected is STILL sick?

This **IS** Captain Trips, only it won't kill 99.4% of humanity. All it'll do is collapse our healthcare infrastructure and plunge the world into an economic depression that'll make 1929 look like a snow day.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know I'm the board's pessimist...but the numbers here don't lie.

8. Neutral Corner

Our economy runs on just-in-time shipments now. Containers of manufactured goods or industrial parts are delivered on schedule. Stores and factories don't keep much inventory on hand, which cuts costs.

The problem is that when the Chinese (or American, if we are unlucky) factories and railroads become strained due to lack of employee numbers, when employees are afraid to gather in numbers, when harbor workers and sailors get sick, the whole complex system could easily shake itself apart.

9. Neutral Corner

See, this nonsense here is going to get lots of people killed. They're telling people to self quarantine, and 20% of them are going to say "Yeah, but I have to go take my kids to Little League", or "But I really need to make a grocery run. You don't expect me to stay home without buying some provisions first, do you?". Quarantines only work when they are enforced, harshly if required. Americans don't like being told what to do, and they like being told what they can't do even less.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I treat voting as a responsibility. I always go to the polling place to make sure the right boxes get checked and my ballot gets put in the right bin. I don't want it to get lost in the mail. This time: polling place is at the Chinese Cultural Center. I ain't going. Have to trust the USPS.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted