1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Nurse Jackie too.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

McMillions... the guy is the greatest interview ever.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

False.

[​IMG]

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Who is that guy?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Season 3 of Handmaid's Tale is a tough watch. Made even tougher seeing a preview of an Elisabeth Moss movie where she's tortured by some psycho ex at every commercial break. Mostly, I wish they expanded on the stories of others. Moss is great, but there is really too much of her in S3, it ends up diluting the impact.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Fyre Festival documentary - He's the one who thought he had to suck a dick to get something done.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don’t think that there was necessarily any good way to end the show and so the finale met my expectations but didn’t exceed them. No spoilers, but they spent way too much time in many of the seasons with people that I didn’t care about and who felt surplus to the plot, especially the first part of this season. Also, as mentioned here, Chidi-Eleanor always fell flat for me.

As to the rest of the cast, Danson was always great, D’arcy Carden and Marc Evan Jackson were always quality and I really have never liked Maya Rudolph. And I’m not sure that Jameela Jamil will do anything else of note as an actress, but she is just gorgeous.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Boston Globe podcast covered the exact same ground.

9. DanOregon

Just found "The First" on Hulu - I'd heard about it when Beau Willimon and Sean Penn announced it. Never heard about it after. Solid start. It's about a mission to mars - largely focused on stuff happening on the ground. Penn's really good in it and the rest of the cast is solid. Though set in 2033 it's not so futuristic, and the good news. Newspapers still exist. (at least one).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  10. DanOregon

While I like the idea of using the NH primaries as the "hook" for The Connors airing live tonight - does anyone buy that the family (who live in downstate Illinois) would actually be watching the NH primaries?
    ER did a live episode back in the day where they used a Cubs game as a similar hook. A bit more believable.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

My fiancee watched the Iowa primaries. I don't think its common, but I don't think its outlandish either.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I started watching this after reading this post. I've read the book. Thanks for the tip, the series is great, but too damn dark. I don't mean depressing, but the lighting on so many scenes is virtually nonexistent and I can't tell what the heck is going on. Minutes at a time of virtually dark screen. Sort of like the last episode of GOT.

This seems to have become a trend, maybe the director thinks it's artsy-fartsy. I just find it annoying. Sort of like on a lot of sports events now, they have the crowd mic cranked up so high you can't even hear the announcers.

Ok Boomer, I'm done! And GTF off my lawn!

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted