1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wish there was an NFL pregame crew that came close to doing what TNTs NBA crew does. You know the Fox and CBS people talk like this when they're watching games between cut-ins.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't think that at all.

I never watch any pre game. I was re-watching the Super Bowl commercials, and shakira show. They go to Howie, Terry, etc. This is halftime of the most watched program of the year - Howie is talking, Terry lifts his mic, but doesn't say anything, and the entire show comes to a standstill for five seconds, and nobody is sharp enough to do anything about it.

DO NOT give any other credit to any other show. The TNT crew are super duper stars, and every other show on tv are jobbers.

HanSenSE and Iron_chet like this.
  3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I don’t give a shit about the Bucks
    My point is it didn’t matter the Pistons won a title
    Everyone cared about the Lakers

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I absolutely think the NFL people hold their tongues when talking about players and coaches when they're on the air - maybe its that most of them have been out of the league for 20 years or more or just the more corporate culture of the NFL. I'm not giving credit to the NFL shows, I'm criticizing them for giving watered-down opinions. I do think they are probably more free with their thoughts off camera.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Oh I understand what you mean but this Bucks team is historically great at this point of the season and Giannis is having perhaps the best indvidual season ever. I seem to remember Bron and Cleveland getting major attention his first run there. Hell the Warriors got major love during their pre-KD run. I loved watching Steph but Giannis is on a path to be top 5 or so all time. Pay attention while it is still somewhat new is all I am saying.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You just went full fanboi. Never go full fanboi.

Best individual season ever? JFC.

JC likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

1. Milwaukee ain't Cleveland
    2. Greece ain't Akron

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No. Greece is a nation with great food and beaches and history and Akron is the 5th largest city in the 7th most populous state within a nation. Although by population, Ohio is greater than Greece.

9. BadgerBeer

Look it up. He is doing things that haven't been done since Wilt. He has a very good chance to finish the season with the best PER in league history. By nearly any measure if he finishes the season where he is he will have one of the best individual seasons ever. This is no fanboi' not even close. He should be unanimous MVP and I believe that would make him the second ever? If they win title it will be as good a season as we have ever seen. Maybe some of you are only about scoring and rebound average and if so I don't know what to tell you. You probably get wrapped up in home runs and rbi as well. I will ask you to look at his per 36 and take into account that he is the best overall defender in the league as well but I guess I am a fanboy. I can live with that.

10. Regan MacNeil

PER is one measure, invented by John Hollinger, and it measures efficiency. If you want to say he's on pace to have the most-efficient season in league history, go for it. Otherwise, GTFOH.

11. BadgerBeer

Show me your list of better individual seasons or STFU. And I said perhaps having best season. Plenty of ball to be played.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  12. Regan MacNeil

I could probably show you 10 with about five minutes of research, but you're not worth debating about this. Have a nice day.

Draft saved Draft deleted