1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think it's great that the Sixers kept Brett Brown through the rebuild. Usually the coach from the low point gets tossed as soon as the team starts getting good.

However... I've never really been convinced he's that good. He's beloved within the organization, but I'm not sold on him as a coach. I'd sure as hell fire him before trading either Simmons or Embiid just to see if someone else can get that pairing to work. I'm not sure it can. Simmons is incredibly hard to work around.

By the way, the Reggie criticism of Embiid was strange. He ripped him for sitting at the end of the bench, insisting that the key players absolutely have to sit by the coach. Um... what? You ever see where LeBron sits? End of the bench, on the other side of Boogie Cousins.

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Why is it after Giannis goes for 36/20/6 giving him his 5th straight 30/15/5 game, which is tied with Wilt Fucking Chamberlain for most ever, the talk is about fat ass Embid?

Gutter likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why? Because good stats are worth 2 paragraphs in 1 story. But bitchy loudmouth players who talk trash are worth 2days of stories. ESPN shows can burn 20 minutes an hour from 6am until 7:30pm talking 6ers. But Giannis is worth 24 seconds of highlights 3 times

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

When the Pistons won in 2004, Dan Patrick spent his whole show talking about Kobe, Shaq and Karl Malone
    A caller asked why he wasn’t talking about the champions, Patrick said : “Nobody cares about them.”

5. heyabbott

LeBron is the coach. It’s Vogel who needs to sit next to LeBron

Reggie also has the maturity of a 14 year old girl

6. heyabbott

Devonte Graham, All Star in the making or aberrational season?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Last night's game really started to show the cracks in the Lakers' foundation. Kuzma was terrible, Vogel's rotations made no sense and Rondo did more damage to the Lakers than he did when he was wearing green.

8. BadgerBeer

Comparing those Piston teams to this Bucks team is crazy. The Bucks and Giannis are in the midst of one of the greatest seasons in league history. They are leading the league in scoring and are winning by the best margin in history. Giannis will win his second straight MVP and it should be a unanimous vote. If they can finish with the title Giannis will have had perhaps the greatest individual season in league history. And he is doing it in 31 mins a night. But surel lets compare them to Rip and Sheed and perhaps the most blah champs ever.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I didn’t realize the Bucks have already won the title.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I love Badger Beer and Jake from State Farm. Reading them is like tuning into Milwaukee and Detroit sports talk radio.

sgreenwell and JC like this.
  11. BadgerBeer

Where did I say they did? And why don't you point out what I wrote that was wrong?

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Part of it is because Giannis is meeting expectations. I know it's weird, considering he had an MVP season and is playing even better this year, but this is what fans wanted and, because of his age and work ethic, expected. He and the Bucks should be kicking ass and they are.

Another part is because Shaq and Chuck made it so. I mean, listen to this:

Too bad the widely available clips cut off before Shaq could finish. “When you go 1 for 10, it ain’t your coach’s fault, it ain’t your teammates’ fault, it’s your fault, period." When one of the NBA's biggest names gets torched by that crew, it gets noticed.

Embiid and the Sixers are, as Barkley said, the Cleveland Browns of the NBA. A talented, hyped, high-profile fucking disaster. That will generate more conversation and clicks than a Bucks bullet train running on schedule.

Draft saved Draft deleted