1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff I Like - product reviews

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Driftwood, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not dress shirts, but shirts I wear to work and casual wear are Colombia PFG shirts. They are comfortable, look good, and best of all, don't require ironing.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Used to be a fan of Columbia; went in their outlet store ahead of the holiday and was saddened to see every stitch of clothing had a large Columbia logo prominently displayed somewhere.

Hard pass.

wicked likes this.
  3. Driftwood

That doesn't really bother me. It's just a sign of the times. It's hard to find something that doesn't have a logo on it.
    Now if we are talking dress clothes, obviously that's different.
    But as far as stuff I wear to work or out and about - Columbia, Southern Tide, HEYBO, Nike, - I just know it's going to have logos.
    Stuff like long sleeve sun shirts have the big logo down the sleeve - doesn't matter the brand - that's just the style.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I have two pairs of Columbia shorts I bought in 2010 specifically for Coachella, because they were quick dry, can double as swim trunks, and have zippered side pockets. Still have both and still wear them. The logo is/was barely noticeable. They don’t look brand new but there is no weathering or fraying. Come to think of it, they might be the best sartorial investment I ever made.

5. Driftwood

Duluth has their Buck Naked boxers on sale for $17.50.
    I just ordered two more pair to add to the three I got for Christmas.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm going by one of their stores today, they have some fleece on sale and I want to try one on. I suspect I'll pick up a pair or two of the boxers as well.
    Love that stuff!

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So, I took the plunge and got a shirt-jacket or shirt-jac or shacket or whatever you want to call them. I love it. It's perfect for when the down jacket is too much, but a windbreaker or fleece isn't enough. Plus it looks good - in a mountain man/hanging out the ski lodge/lumberjack way.

8. Driftwood

I have an LL Bean hurricane shirt. It's essentially a heavy flannel-lined flannel shirt. You really don't wear it as a shirt but as a light jacket/over shirt. It's really nice for yard work on cool days. Wear it until you get warm, then lay it aside.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Kirkwood crew neck t-shirts at Cosco. And the $4.99 whole roast chicken the next aisle over.

10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

I'm going to Costco tonight, months after getting an unused membership, and finally picking up a chicken.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My daughter gave me one of those last night - not from LL Bean but the same concept. I'm pretty excited. Though I don't do yard work these days, I am out in the cold more than I'd like to be

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bought a pair of cycling tights from Roadbox off Amazon for like $13.99 that were surprisingly effective on my Sunday ride. Not sure if they'd be warm enough if I rode in sub-freezing temps, but I probably won't be doing that anyway. Perfect for temps in the high 40s though.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted